Chapter twenty

I kissed Lizzie's forehead and quietly left for work. I had to be there early and she said she'd take Lucca to school.

I drove to work and started work. Images of the day before came into my head. I smiled. It was perfect.

I worked until my break and found I had a text from Lizzie.

One new message- Lizzie

Tristan! I love you so much, I have a surprise for you when you get home xx

I laughed then replied.

I love you too. Can't wait to see it xx

I put my phone away and the day went by as it normally would in a secondary school. Fall outs, fights, screaming kids, swearing.

When the day had finished, I drove home, excited for what Lizzie wanted to show me. I walked in.

"Lizzie, Lucca. I'm home"

"Daddy!" Lucca ran over and I picked him up.

"Hey, you. Did you have a good day?" I walked into the room where Lizzie was sat.

"Yes" I put him down and sat next to her.

She kissed my cheek.

"Wait here, Lucca. I need to speak to your dad"

He nodded, occupied in playing with his toys. We went into the kitchen.

"Tristan" she handed me something. "You're going to be a dad again" she almost squealed.

"What?" I was baffled for a minute. I looked at the test in my hand. Positive. "Oh my god, that's amazing, Lizzie!"

I hugged her. "We're going to be parents"

She was beaming. "I can't wait"

"Me neither" I kissed her.

Lucca walked in. "What happened?" He asked confused.

I looked at Lizzie, she looked at me. "Lucca, do you want a brother or sister?" Lizzie asked.

He nodded. "I want to be big brother"

I smiled. "Well, in around nine months you will be"

He clapped his hands, happily. "Yay! Why so long?"

"Because Lizzie has to protect it in her belly until it's big and strong"

"Like me?"

"Yes, like you"

He smiled and hugged us.