Chapter nineteen

After we'd eaten we washed up and watched TV for a while, before getting ready for the meal.

Lizzie went and showered while I dressed Lucca. He wore jeans and a shirt. Lizzie came out the shower and I went in.

I heard the hairdryer and Lucca and Lizzie talking while I showered. It was a lovely thing to hear them being that way together. I smiled.

Once I'd finished, I dried and went into the bedroom. I changed and did my hair.

Lizzie had put a blue maxi dress on and curled her hair. She looked beautiful.

We were soon in the car, and on our way to the restaurant. We walked in and found dad, Danielle and Kayla were already sat at our booked table.

Dad wore jeans and a shirt, as did I. Danielle wore a long skirt and too, and Kayla wore a cute little dress.

We sat down and ordered our drinks. I was nervous, my hand clutched around the little box in my pocket.

When the drinks came, we ordered our meals.

Lizzie looked at me. "What's wrong? You look nervous"

I smiled at her. "Nothing"

She smiled. "Ok"

When we'd all eaten our meal, I decided to do.

"I've got an announcement" I said, slowly standing up.

Our table went quiet.

I turned to Lizzie, went down on one knee and pulled out the box.

"Lizzie. I love you so much" I opened the box. "I want you to be my wife. Will you marry me?"

"Oh my God, Tristan. Yes! Of course I will"

I got up and she hugged me tight. Everyone in the restaurant clapped and cheered. I kissed her and slipped the ring on top her finger.