Chapter 2

2

    Students ran around every which way to find their friends that they had missed over the summer.  I spotted a bench off to the side that was unoccupied, so dodging the oncoming students, I made my way there slowly but surely.  Once I got there, I plopped down with my bag in my hand.  I was pulled from my thoughts when someone, a boy, sat next to me.

   Smiling at me he said, "Hi, I'm Ethan."  He was rather tall, around 6' at least, with black hair and brown eyes.  You could tell he was known around the school just by what he was wearing.  Black baggy jeans with a white sleeveless shirt.

   "Gloriana," I smiled back.

   "Well, Gloriana, can I be your man?"

   A little taken aback by the question that came out of his mouth, I looked at him, brows furrowed.  "Don't you think it's too soon to be asking something like that?  I mean you don't even know me for crying out loud."  I could feel my wolf getting aggitated.

   "Well, I know your beautiful."  He put his arm around my shoulder.

   "Well, if it isn't the jock jerk, Ethan," A girls voice said.

   I looked up to see a girl around my height of 5'2 with short black hair, wearing dark make-up, a short skirt and tank top with net stockings and Harley boots.

   "What the hell freak?  Don't you got some animals to eat, or whatever it is that you do?" Ethan's face turned sour as if he was disgusted.

   "Funny I was thinking the same about you.  Get lost prep before I tell the new girl about your dirtiest little secret."

   "I'll see you around beautiful," he said looking at me.  He grabbed my hand and kissed it before he got up and left.

   The emo looking girl sat next to me then, "Hi, I'm Chelsea."  I shook her hand.  "I can tell you're new, Ethan is an ass and thinks he can talk all the new girls into letting him in their pants."

   I snickered, "Is that what he was getting to?"

   "Yeah, trust me, i've known him my whole life.  We practically grew up together," she smiled, giving me a wink.  "So, what's your name?"

    "Oh, I'm sorry, I'm Gloriana," reaching out my hand.

    "Well, Gloriana, welcome to our school of mystical creatures," she laughed so hard I thought she was going to fall over.

    Surely she didn't really mean anything when she said Mystical Creatures.  Right?  I shook my head and laughed to myself.

    "So, how come your not searching the crowd for your friends?" I asked Chelsea.

    "Oh, well, I'm kind of a loner.  I've never been good at making friends and actually keeping them.  Seems they all grow scared of me, or just don't like how I am.  But, that's not going to stop me, I will never change for anyone.  I just want to be myself."

    I smiled at her explanation.  "I'll be your friend."

    She stared at the ground but I could see a hint of a smile on her face.

    "So Gloriana, where is your first class?"

    I pulled a crumpled up piece of paper from the front pocket of my bag.  Looking it over carefully I seen that it was science with Mr. Hines.

    "Science," I groaned.

    "Oh, fun fun," she teased.

    "Yeah, right, thats the first class I'm going to fail.  I hate science!"