Chapter 16: What?

-Mark-

"Hey Frances," I said as I went inside my room. I heard some snorring and thought that Frances was sleeping loudly.

"How's your da-" As I opened the door, the smile on my face quickly turn into a sad one. There was someone beside my bed.

How could Josh do that?

My best friend, how could he? Frances, being together with him? I just saw them, do those things. What did I do wrong? What did I do to get this?

"Oh, hey Mark!" Frances said with a smile on her face. It took her seconds to let her recognize that I wasn't beside her.

"M-Mark? If you're there, who's beside me?" Her eyes widend as she fell off the bed. Josh then woke up and said "What's up?"

"I had a weird dream that I was kissing Frances! Dude! Can you imagine?"

I suddenly had the urge to punch my friend. But I had to control my anger. Frances then went to the bathroom and washed her face.

"How could you do that? You know that she's my girlfriend!"

I told Josh, who was still confused. He didn't know that he kissed Frances? He was still confused about what happened.

"Bro, I'm sorry that I did those things! I was going to sleep on the couch. But you were already asleep and I went inside your room..."

I didn't know what to do. I want to punch him and feel the pain. Or, that I would punish him. They slept together, withput me even knowing!

Josh then left my room quickly. While he was exiting, Frances went out of the restroom, crying. I don't know why, but one thing's for sure, I hurt her feelings.

"I'm... I'm leaving! I don't want to see the faces of the both of you!" She said, while tears fall down to her chin. "I thought I knew you, but I was wrong!"

She slamed the door as she left my room. Seeing myself from the mirror, I saw myself as a jerk than Frances's boyfriend. I then realized that I should apologize to her and to Josh.

I then went outside my dorm. I looked for Frances so I could catch her and say that I'm sorry. I ran down the stairs and ran towards her. She was running not to her dorm but outside the school.

It then started to rain. I paid no attention and ran as fast as I could. We were then close to a road, she stopped. When we were finally near eachother, she turned and looked at me.

"What do you need? What do you want from me?!" She shouted, still crying. "Can't you just leave me alone?"

"First, I NEED you to be with me again. Second, I WANT you to forgive me." As I was saying this to her, the rain slowly fades.  "And third, I won't LEAVE you alone because, we are together."

Frances slowly smiles at me. I smiled back at her and went to her. While I was walking, the rain stopped. I hope that she could forgive me.

"Frances, I hope that you can forgive me," I said to her. As I was walking, I looked to the right and saw that there was a car running towards me.

"Mark, look out!" Frances said. It looked like time has slowed down. It was the last thing I ever heard before my bones broke.

"Mark!"

-Frances-

"Mark!"

I shouted, running towards him with tears falling down my chin. I saw every single moment, it looked like time itself, has slowed down.