Chapter Four

Chapter Four

"This is beautiful!"

I said, looking around the restaurant. It was fancy and had a peaceful decor.

"Only the best for you."

I smiled at his sweet comment. The waiter took us to our table and the man handed us menus and took our drink orders.

"I'll have water." I said politely.

"I'll take a bottle of your best wine."

I became a little curious as to why he did this. The waiter walked away and I looked at Jeremy with an odd expression.

"Wine?"

"It's fine. My dad owns this restaurant and they don't say anything, and if they do I tell them who I am and they drop it."

I just nodded and looked down at the menu. I didn't know what I wanted. I've never really been to a fancy restaurant because I usually ate Mac-n-cheese for dinner because it was just me. I skimmed over the menu and saw a simple salad and decided on that.

The waiter came back and took the rest of our order and Jeremy would try to make small talk but it was a little weird between us because I didn't know much about him but he seemed to know a lot about me from what he's been told.

"So tell me about you!"

I didn't know what else to ask but this.

"What all do you want to know?"

"Well start with your family!"

"I have an older brother who's in college and my mother and father are divorced so I stayed here with my dad while my mom is in California doing whatever, I don't exactly talk to her besides on my birthday.."

Jeremy's expression dropped from happy to sad. I grabbed his hand in mine.

"It's okay."

I haven't seen this side of Jeremy before, he was always happy and go lucky, but now he's sad and emotional. I just wanted to wrap him up in a blanket and tell him everything will be okay.

"What about your family?"

I was taken back a little because I was hoping he wouldn't ask me that.

"My mom is a doctor so she's always traveling and I have no siblings so you could say I'm lonely a bit."

I calmly said. Jeremy shook his head understandingly.

"What about your dad?"

Jeremy's question caused a sharp pain on my heart. I hesitated a bit before speaking.

"H-he's, umm,"

Jeremy gave me an odd look.

"H-he's in Texas. Yeah, He's always traveling around there so he just moved down there to be more convenient."

I tried to say that believably and calm. I had lied to Jeremy because my fathers death was still really personal to me and I wasn't ready to share. I felt guilty for lying but I didn't know what else to do.

He nodded and I put my head down, staring at my phone. The background was of me and my dad. I was so young. I held a huge smile on my face. He always made me happy. Both of our energies connecting with each other could light up any dark place.

"Earth to Hope?"

Jeremy had his hands in my face waving them a little.

"Huh? Yeah, what is it?"