Chapter Sixteen

Chapter Sixteen

Rose (Hopes Mom) POV

"Why can't she remember anything that happened for the past two months?" I angrily asked Dr. Rogers, Hopes main doctor.

"Dr. Preston, you know that anything could've happened. You should be happy that it was only two months not her whole memory."

"I should be happy? Happy that my daughter can't remember why she's here, that she's in England not LA. What if she can't-"

"Rose, you have to calm down." Dr. Rogers cut me off, I'm sure it was for my own good though because I felt a panic attack coming on.

"Okay, when I did a eye test on her, her eyes went to the right fine, but when she went left they flicked back to the center, which means that the left part of her brain is blocking out her short term memories. It's fixable but can be fixed by only one treatment."

"And only those treatments have been done by one person."

I lowered my head and slowly nodded. Hopes father, Jeff, was a doctor like me and he was always traveling so almost everybody around the world knew him because he was one of the best doctors around. He did anything from giving a shot to major brain surgery. Jeff, was the person who made the treatments for people who are in the situation Hope is in. It's a miracle if you could remember anything. Most people walk out the same as they came in, and about five have walked out with their full memory intact. Hope could go through with it but nobody's worked that treatment since Jeff's death and he only trained one person to follow along in the treatment though, that person is me. I'm not sure if I want Hope to do the treatment though, I know she's eventually going to find out what Jeremy did to her, but I want her to remember it, not hear it from other people.

***

Hopes POV

"Niall, will you tell me now?"

I've been stuck in this hospital for three days, me being conscious that is. I haven't seen Jeremy or Harry. Louis, Liam, Zayn, and Niall have visited me but never spoke of Harry. I've been asking constantly where he was but they would just shake their heads and leave.

"Hope-"

"No, Niall. Tell me."

I gave him the puppy eyes and it seemed to work because he sighed a sigh of defeat.

"You can't tell anybody I told you, promise?"

Niall stuck out his pinky and I gladly looped mine in his.

"I promise."

A smile grew on my face.

"He's not himself Hope. Once he found out you couldn't remember, he left and got drunk off his arse. We found him beating up some helpless guy in the alley next to our hotel. We managed to keep him in the hotel during the day but he'll sneak out at night to get blasted. We think he's been seeing-"

I gave Niall a nod to continue.

"He might be seeing his ex."

My smile faded and I felt a ping of jealousy and hurt strike my heart.

"W-what's so wrong with him seeing her?"

"For starters she's a total gold digger. Second, she uses him even when she's dating somebody. Third, his mother hates her. Fourth, we all hate her. Fifth, she not only uses him to this day but she did in Highschool."

Highschool? Harry never dated anybody in Highschool.

"Wait, Highschool?"

"Yeah."