(Part 13)

*Song is 'Everything's Not Lost' by Coldplay, play it during the flashback for better reading, enjoy.*

[Flashback]

"Milz can you stop for a second and chill? What's so important you had to drag me out of practice for? You're seriously starting to scare me."

She didn't stop the bike but rather started going faster, not answering his question.

Once they arrived safely at the gate he understood that it was serious and not just one of her silly tricks to spend time with him. This was their spot. It became sacred once it happened and they've never shared it with anyone, not even their moms.

The sixteen year old boy climbed over the fence running after his best friend, quickly discarding of his shoes and phone when he saw hers lying on the sand.

"Mila, come on. Please tell me what's wrong." The boy pleaded, pushing the last bush out of the way and searching for her. She had sat down in the sand close to the water, where it got close enough to touch her toes but not the rest of her body. He sat down next to her and looked out to sea.

They stayed quiet for a few moments basking in the calmness of the place. The small waves overlapping each other, a couple of lizards crawling through the sand, the soft breeze flowing through the air.

But then he heard a sniffle. With wide eyes he quickly trained his gaze on the younger girls face and for the first time since he saw her, when she pulled him out of soccer practice, he noticed that she had been crying. Her face was puffy, her eyes were red and her lower lip was trapped between her teeth, trying to hide the fact that it was trembling.

His heart ached, he couldn't believe that his best friend had been crying and he hadn't noticed. Camila was a strong girl. It's been almost a year since he had witnessed something like this. It was baffling to think that she had been going through such an internal struggle that she had the need to cry, to come here with him to let it out and he just couldn't bear it.

Not wasting another second, he turned his whole body and wrapped his strong arms around her and pulling her close to him.

It was like the floodgates had opened. She rested her head on his shoulder instantly started crying without being able to stop herself.

"Shhhh please Camila tell me what's wrong. I don't like feeling helpless when you're like this. Please let me fix it." He pleaded, his voice cracking, pained by the sound of her sobbing.

"Y-you can't" Whispered the brown eyed girl, broken.

He closed his eyes tightly, swallowing the knot in his throat, willing himself not to cry too. He just pulled her tighter against him, softly caressing her hair, trying to calm her down. He breathed deeply and thought for a second. He opened his mouth and started singing softly, looking out at the open sea.

When I counted up my demons,

Saw there was one for every day.

With the good ones on my shoulder,

I drove the other ones away.

So if you ever feel neglected,

And if you think that all is lost,

I'll be counting up my demons, yeah,

Hoping everything's not lost.

The cries and heavy breathing started subsiding and it only encouraged him further. He straightened himself up and started singing with more confidence, knowing that she was listening closely and attentive to his words.