chapter 2

(Mabel's POV)
It had been a few days since we had arrived back in gravity falls and not much had happened. I went monster hunting with dipstick a few times and had many glitter fights with Stan but no mysteries! I lay on my bed and gradually became lost in thought. I thoughts about gravity falls the last time I'd been here. All our adventures. I thought about how none of us even knew who Ford was, or that he was the author. I smiled at the memories before any happiness was drained out of me. I missed Ford more than anything. My heart dropped into my stomach and I squeezed my eyes shut to trap an escaping tear. Suddenly, I heard the clocks stop ticking. I opened my eyes and looked around me. Everything was still and...black and white? I heard demonic laughter and above me appeared a face I hoped I would never see again.
(Bill's POV)
It was hilarious! The shock on Mabel's face as I appeared in front of her. I swooped down to her extremely low height.
"Well well well, Mabel Pines my old friend." I smirked although she couldn't tell because I don't have to exactly have a mouth. Somtimes being a triangle sucks.
"Bill! What do you want from me?" She asked in both fear and anger. This was going to be fun.
(Mabel's POV)
I took a step back as bill floated in front of me.
"What I want? Well now that you ask..." He replied before I cut him off.
"I didn't summon you, why are you here?"
"I don't need to be summoned...not anymore" he replied laughing. "What I want is the three journals."
"Never!" I replied. Luckily dipper had the journals . Unluckily, I was the only one home. "I don't have them!" I said confidently and smirked at him.
"Oh well of course you don't, your brother never lets them out of his sight! Isn't it sweet how much he cares about them? He takes better care of them then he does for you!"
I shot a glare at him, attempting to hide the pain I was feeling. It was as if someone shoved a knife through my gut, as if my heart had dropped inside my stomach. I gritted my teeth and clenched my fists, refusing to cry in front of him.
"Look kid, how about we make a deal?" He said.
I knew it would be a bad idea but I wanted to hear his offers. "Tell me more..."