Thirteen

Michael slowly opened his eyes, blinking a couple times as his vision cleared and he saw his 3 best friends, feeling something in his nose and he put his hand on the small tube, realizing what it was for and he bit his lip, getting nervous.

"Mikey?" Ashton whispered and Michael looked at him. "Am-am I gonna die?" Michael croaked out and Ashton sat next to him. "No you aren't Mikey, they are making your stomach feel better." He cooed as he ran his fingers through Michael's blonde hair, knowing it was gonna be gone eventually.

"I-i-it h-hurts Ash." Michael whimpered and Ashton gently hugged him, "I know buddy, I know. But you'll be okay, I promise." Calum cooed and Michael sniffled. "W-wanna go h-home." Michael cried and all of their hearts melted at the poor boy's sad tone.

Michael was never easy when he was ill, he would get weak and he'd barely move during his illness, but this was too hard for him, he felt like he was knocking on death's front door.

"You have to stay in the hospital for awhile Mikey." Liam cooed, "Wh-why?" Michael croaked out. "Babe, don't freak out but you, um, have stomach cancer." Calum mumbled

"I HAVE WHAT?!" Michael snapped and then started coughing, Ashton rubbing his back as Michael tried to relax, finally stopping his hacking and the heart rate monitor was beeping like crazy as Michael's breaths came out in short puffs.

"C-c-cancer?" He stammered and they all sadly nodded, Michael letting out a puppy like cry and hiding his face into Ashton's chest, sobbing his poor little heart out.

"You'll be okay Mikey, you'll be okay." Liam cooed as he stroked his hair, Michael just continued sobbing and then his grip on Ashton's tshirt loosened as his cries stopped, his head lolling back as he fainted for the 3rd time that day.

"Please be strong Michael, we can't loose you too." Calum whimpered as he went to reach the unconscious boy's small hand, tracing the X tattoo he had convinced Ashton to let him get. "Let's go home Cal, he needs rest." Ashton cooed and Calum shook his head, "I don't want him to wake up alone." Calum whispered and Ashton nodded, understanding and he kissed Michael's forehead and then Calum's head, him and Liam leaving.

"You're strong Mikey, you can make it"