Fourteen

Michael laid in the hospital bed, having just gone through his first chemotherapy treatment and he was exhausted, but struggled to keep his eyes open so he could be with Calum long enough.

"Mikey, you look so tired honey." Calum cooed as he stroked his cheek, "Not tired." Michael croaked as he refused to admit the truth, Calum opened his mouth to protest but a knock on the door stopped him, Michael calling for the person to come in and he was slightly shocked to see Luke walk in.

"Luke?" Michael asked and Calum got up, leaving the room as he knew Michael was gonna ask him to anyway. "Why are you here?" He croaked, "I came to see you." Luke mumbled and Michael smiled weakly, looking around the room and then his smile falling into a frown.

"What's wrong?" Luke asked, "Aside from the fact that I have cancer, this is the room Niall died in a few days ago." Michael frowned, "How do you know?" The blonde asked and the cancer patient pointed to the dent in the wall, "That's where Louis punched the wall after he passed..................then Louis basically killed himself." Michael explained, taking a long pause to fight the tears in his pain filled eyes.

Luke stroked Michael's blonde hair, sitting next to him and he noticed the acoustic guitar in the corner of the room. "You play guitar?" The blonde asked and Michael nodded, "I'm too weak to play it now, hopefully soon." Michael mumbled. "Can I play it?" Luke asked and Michael nodded, the soc walked over to it and picked it up, then sitting on the ugly squishy plastic chair next to Michael's bed, strumming the guitar and the pale boy weakly smiled as he recognized the tune. Luke began to softly sing, Michael singing along with him in a weak voice.

And I'd give up forever to touch you
'Cause I know that you feel me somehow
You're the closest to heaven that I'll ever be
And I don't wanna go home right now

And all I can taste is this moment
And all I can breathe is your life
When sooner or later it's over
I just don't wanna miss you tonight

And I don't want the world to see me
'Cause I don't think that they'd understand
When everything's made to be broken
I just want you to know who I am

And you can't fight the tears that ain't coming
Or the moment of truth in your lies
When everything feels like the movies
Yeah, you bleed just to know you're alive

And I don't want the world to see me
'Cause I don't think that they'd understand
When everything's made to be broken
I just want you to know who I am

And I don't want the world to see me
'Cause I don't think that they'd understand
When everything's made to be broken
I just want you to know who I am

And I don't want the world to see me
'Cause I don't think that they'd understand
When everything's made to be broken
I just want you to know who I am

Luke looked up after he finished, seeing he had sung Michael to sleep and the soc smiled, standing up and kissing Michael's forehead, putting the guitar back and leaving the room, feeling Calum grab his arm.

"You better not hurt my brother or I'll pound your sorry little head in." Calum grumbled, "I would never think of hurting him." Luke smiled as Calum let go, letting him walk away.