Epilogue

2 years later.........

Michael was back in the hospital, cancer having came back and he had grown a tumor in his tummy from it. He laid in the hospital bed, breathing through an oxygen tube in his nose and trying to ignore the small pains in his belly.

Michael and Luke were now dating, well a little more like engaged!

They found out the cancer had returned and Luke didn't wanna waste any time, so he proposed like he was planning on doing later on. He just had to do it before it was too late.
Michael was slowly growing weaker and he would probably die sooner rather than later.

The cancer ridden boy was reading 'Gone With the Wind' and he was finishing it up, seeing the folded paper Niall used as a bookmark and he took it out, seeing writing on it and he shut the book, unfolding the paper.

Dear Mikey,
I asked the nurse to give you this book so you could finish it. The doctor came in awhile ago but I knew anyway. I keep getting tireder and tireder. Listen, I don't mind dying now. It's worth it. It's worth saving those kids. Their lives are worth more than mine, they have more to live for. Some of their parents came by to thank me and I know it was worth it. Tell Louis it's worth it. I'm just going to miss you guys. I've been thinking about it, and the poem, that guy that wrote it, he meant you're gold when your a kid, like green. When you're a kid everything's new, dawn. It's just when you get used to everything that it's day. Like the way you dig sunsets, Mikey. That's gold. Keep that way, it's a good way to be. I want you to tell Louis to look at one. He'll probably think you're crazy, but ask for me. I don't think he's ever seen a sunset. And don't be so bugged over being a greaser. You still have a lot of time to make yourself be what you want. There's still lots of good in the world. Tell Mikey. I don't think he knows.

Your buddy
Niall xx

Michael's hands started to shake, tears falling down his face as he read the words over and over. He remembered the poem he had recited to Niall back at the church whilst they were watching the sunrise, the words kept replaying in his head now as the tears fell down and became soft sobs.

"Oh Mikey, babe why are you crying?" Luke cooed as he walked in, "N-Niall wrote a letter f-for me before he p-passed and now I-" Michael began and then he saw another paper, sniffling as he handed Luke the letter and then looked at the other paper.

Nature's first green is gold,
Her hardest hue to hold.
Her early leaf's a flower;
But only so an hour.
Then leaf subsides to leaf,
So Eden sank to grief,
So dawn goes down to day
Nothing gold can stay.

Stay gold Mikey. Stay gold

Niall xxxxxx