Sixteen

Michael was passed out in Ashton's arms as they entered the hospital, the pale skin on the boy now stained red from blood as it continued pouring out, a nurse immediately seeing them and having Ashton place Michael on a gurney, taking him away and Ashton walked over to the phone, dialing Calum at work and waiting for him to pick up.

"Hello?" Calum asked, "Cal, I need you and Liam to come to the hospital, bring Luke too." Ashton sighed, "Why?! What happened?!" Calum gasped, "Michael......tried to kill himself." Ashton choked out and he heard Calum drop the phone, the line going dead and he put the phone back down, sitting down and trying to hold in tears.

Calum rushed into the hospital with Liam and Luke behind him, Calum rushing into Ashton's arms and struggling to hold in tears. "W-we can't loose him too." Calum stammered out, Ashton hugging him tightly and a nurse called them, the 4 boys going to Michael's room and seeing the pale boy laying in bed, fast asleep as he breathed through an oxygen tube, his arms covered in white bandages and gauze. Luke slowly walked over and stroked Michael's pale cheek, Calum biting his lip at the sight as it warmed yet broke his heart.

So much had happened in the past few months, first Niall killing the soc, then Niall and Louis dying, then Michael getting cancer, and now Michael almost killing himself. Everyone was struggling to stay together when the glue that was holding them together was falling apart inside.

Michael's weakly opened his eyes, blinking a few times to adjust to the light. He looked up at Luke and his emerald eyes shined ever so slightly, matching the sparkle Luke's icy blue ones did. Calum stepped over and kissed Michael's forehead before leaving, the others doing the same so Luke could talk to Michael on his own.

"Why?" Was all Luke managed as he sat next to him, holding his pale hand. "I-I-I-I just miss N-Niall." Michael whimpered out and Luke put his hand on his cheek, wiping a tear away.

Luke weakly smiled, caressing his soft cheek and Michael smiled a little. "I'm sorry." He whispered. "Don't be princess, we understand." Luke cooed and Michael blushed at the nickname, "I'm not a princess, I'm tough." Michael smirked and tried puffing his chest, but just coughed instead. Luke chuckled a bit.

"That was very tough." He smirked and Michael glared at him playfully, but chuckled.

Luke heard the others knock on the door and he gave Michael a quick peck on his lips, making the pale boy blush as he left.