Chapter 4

I'm a dick, I know. It's been too long. So sorry for the long wait and shitty chapter. Thank you all so much for the lovely comments, they really kept a smile on my face. I also now have a ao3 account, so go check it out (there's nothing posted yet, I'm working on that as well) my username is babyboytroye

Omg thank you so much itsannaml for commenting! I'm in love with your work :)

Connor woke up the next morning to a face full of soft, brown hair. He smiled softly when he realized it was Troye, burying his nose into the hair gently. He heard Troye whimper cutely, his little sniffles filling Connor's ears.

"Good morning, sleepy boy." Connor said softly, getting a groan in response. He rolled his eyes and detached himself from the boy. Troye turned around slowly, facing Connor and opening up those blue eyes. He smiled softly and let out a yawn while snuggling further into the pillows.

"Morning, Connie." Connor laughed at the nickname, making Troye giggle softly with him. They lied there for a couple of minutes in comfortable silence; the only thing that could be heard was their soft breathing.

"I'm going to go freshen up." Troye said softly, sitting up and stretching his body. He lifted his arms above his head, making the shirt rise up slightly. Connor tried to look away, but he couldn't help but sneak a little glance at the pale skin beneath the fabric. He frowned when he was met with blue-green blemishes instead.

"Troye, what the fuck happened to your stomach?" Troye froze, eyes wide and body tense. Connor grabbed him softly and lifted his shirt slightly, gasping at the bruises. The boy shook him off with a laugh.

"Tyde and I were playing around and I hit myself on a table." Troye explained smoothly, making Connor frown. "It looks worse than what it is."

The lies began.

xxx

Connor was sat in the kitchen, hands gripping a coffee mug as he got lost in his thoughts. He couldn't quite shake off the image of the bruises on Troye's stomach. It made him feel uneasy.

"Oh! Good morning, Con." Connor jumped at the sound of Tyler's voice, head whipping around to the man. Connor smiled at him.

"Morning, Tyler." Connor brought the mug back to his lips as the wonderful taste of the coffee filled his mouth. Tyler walked over to the cupboard of his kitchen and poured himself some cereal, leaning against the counter to look at Connor.

"Did you sleep here?" Tyler asked while munching on his cereal.

Connor nodded. "Yeah, I hope you don't mind."

Tyler shook his head and laughed. "No, no! Of course I don't mind." Tyler's attention turned to the door to the kitchen, smiling widely. "Hey!" Connor turned around to look at the beautiful boy, almost cooing at how adorable the boy looked. He was wearing an oversized maroon sweater and light blue skinny jeans with his hair a curly mess, as he rubbed his eyes softly.

"Hi, Ty. Hi, Con." Troye walked over and grabbed the cereal from the counter, pouring himself a bowl. He took a seat next to Connor, taking a bite from his cereal and grinning at the boy. Milk spilt from the sides of his lips, making him blush as Connor and Tyler laughed.

"You're going to dirty my floor." Tyler muttered, finishing his cereal. He put the plate in the sink and turned to the boys with a grin on his face.

"I'm going to go take a shower." Tyler said while walking out, leaving Connor and Troye alone.

"Want some?" Troye asked as he held out a spoon full of milk and cereal. Connor smiled and nodded, letting Troye feed him with the spoon. He chewed on the cereal slowly, staring at the boy carefully. He swallowed, never once taking his eyes off of him.

"Can we talk about earlier?" He asked softly and timidly, taking note of the panic that flashed through Troye's eyes. Troye cleared his throat and nodded, turning his body to face Connor.

"There's not much to talk about." Troye stated, eyes searching Connor's. "But I guess if you must." He rolled his eyes, picking at a loose thread on his sweater.

Connor watched him carefully, taking notice of every nervous move he'd make. "What really happened to your stomach?"

Troye groaned loudly, scratching the back of his head. "I told you. Tyde and I were playing around and he tackled me. I hit my stomach against a doorknob." He shrugged his shoulders. "That's all. It was a silly mistake." He laughed softly and took a hold of Connor's hands, rubbing them with his thumbs. "I promise."

"Okay." Connor finally muttered quietly, gripping Troye's hand tighter. Maybe he was overreacting and looking too into things. He trusted Troye.

"You know how clumsy I can be."