盈虧: Chapter 13 - The Types of People in this world to Kaleidoscopic Eyes

There are two types of people in this world, a belief known by Akashi Seijuro. He's seated across a shogi board, signing the defeat of the opposite side. The shogi pieces for him are like those two types.

Those who are relentlessly weak and those who are absolutely strong.

As victory became apparent against his unseen opponent, he stopped. His eyes narrowed at the defeated emperor and slowly a soft smile crept up on his stern features.

"Akashi-kun, is it?" the voice from the other line echoed across the room. Innocent and severely naïve. "Look I'm busy for some exams here... and I catch on all the messages your trying to leave."

A pause. A safe choice.

Akashi nodded in agreement at her comebacks but stayed silent. His index finger rose over what would settle his game with his opponent. His sanguine red and gold irises fleeted with amusement.

"But you see..." a brief laughter. "No, I can't entertain you now."

"I'm not asking for entertainment," he responded, finally settling the winning piece and therefore ending the game in its usual victory. The strong ate the weak over and over again in a sickeningly slow pace.

"Oh."

His smile widened a little. Being a natural born winner, he should never have the breath to even waste to those who remain below him. But this was just the right card to play for now.

"So then," he stated. "Who's actually ready to play your game... Azami?" his tone was double-edged and from here he could feel it shaken her up a little.

[ - ]

There are two types of people in this world, Kurosawa Yuuji believed so. First are the people who enjoyed playing heroes like the guy who pushed past him while yelling after a thief, as if doing an act of heroism was something exciting in the heat of the summer. A woman cried after the chaser her hands cupped together behind her mouth like a megaphone. "Please! Just catch the thief!"

Kurosawa narrowed his eyes because the second type of people like him is all around. They casted uninterested glances across the little scene and wordlessly and shamelessly returned to whatever busying activity they all had for the day. Not even willing to stand up just like the hero.

Probably thinking, what's the benefit for helping a damsel in distress who might have thought she's important in this moment? They all had their busy lives to tend.

While for him, simply getting pushed back without even an apology would have caused him to use violence. With his head as hot as it is right now, it had been hard simmering his anger down.

Also, given the fact that Azami might see him stayed on his mind so he preferred going unnoticed and tried to blend in since he can't be a hero either way.

Just his luck, the copper-haired girl stood in front of a crepe shop. Her left hand clutched on a chocolate crepe while her free hand held her phone on her ear.Her brows were knitted together and she looked nervous.

This was where his role as a fake hero begins.

"Miyaji-san?"

[ - ]

There are two types of people for Midorima Shintaro.

The first are the ones who openly showed people how much they care about others. Given Kise for example, how he always saunter himself everyday around everyone. Kise is a cheerful young man who always caught everyone's eye with his charismatic smiles and bright nature. Simply standing next to him doesn't actually lessen how bad Midorima was from dealing with other people. Not that something this small annoyed him however, more or less it kept him from always being the limelight.