SEVEN.

[CHAPTER SEVEN]; 

"If you are going through hell,
 keep going." 

Click

Click

Click

Silence.

Mataya pushed herself up against the cement wall, her hand gripping the black gun tightly. She held in her breath as she slowly slipped off her pink heels and began to slide against the wall as she neared a corner. Fear gripped at her as she took in a sharp breath and pushed against the wall and stepped out into the clearing of the hallway, her arm up and ready to fire against any potential threats. 

Nothing. 

Making a 180 turn, she checked the other end of the hallway before she let out a shaky breath and dropped the gun to her side, continuing down the hallway towards her room. 

Click

Click

Click

The sound of heels clacking against the cement made Mataya freeze and turn around to see if anyone was coming before she was off in a full sprint. Her heart was lodged in her throat as she let her finger stay against the trigger for safety measures. 

Turning down another corridor she was running as fast as her weak body could push herself. She was growing tired fast as she tried desperately to not been seen, but she had to get to him. She needed to warn him. 

"Mataya." The haunting voice echoed through the hallways and she didn't dare turn back as she continued to run at full speed. "Don't kid yourself Mataya, you are going to be caught." 

Mataya rolled her eyes and brought her arm up, pointing the gun beside her as she stopped running and turned around, her finger squeezing the trigger as a bullet whizzed through the air. It hit the plastic cover that one of the guards held up and left a tiny dent. 

Mataya went to turn around but ran smack into another guard, her eyes widening slightly as she panicked and brought her foot up into his groin at a fast and hard impact. The guard groaned but ignored the pain and gripped at her arms, spinning her around so her back was against his chest. 

"Nice try princess." 

Mataya growled and took quick actions as she let her head drop and fly back against his face, hearing a slight crunch when it came in contact with his nose. The guards grip loosened on her arm as he stumbled back a bit. 

"You bit-" He was cut off with Mataya's elbow up and against his chest making him stumble back more and become winded. 

He coughed frantically as he held his nose in pain, blood dripping through his fingers. Mataya spun around quickly and stepped forward, bringing her knee up into his groin once again.

"Don't call me princess, dick." She growled under her breath before pushing the injured guard to the side and against the wall. 

She was off again, quick on her feet as she turned down another hallway and towards the corridor of rooms. She pushed open her door quickly and shut it behind her. Her chest was heaving up and down at a rapid pace as she walked towards her dresser and used every ounce of strength she had to push it across the floor. 

Scraping sounds erupted through the room laced with her groans and she stepped back once it was rested against the door. Opening up a drawer, she pulled out a belt and began to wrap it around the handle's. Stepping back she didn't feel it was sufficient enough but she was quickly running out of time.