chapter 1

Taraji needed cookies.

Ironic isn't it.

She had given away every single box of cookies sent to her and now she sat in the middle of her kitchen perched on the island heavily regretting her decision.

It was her time of the month and her body craved something sweet, something decadent to make the pain disappear as quickly as it came. 

But her cupboards were bare.

She groaned and she pushed herself off the island, making her way to her room.

She entered the en suite and rolled her eyes, slamming the door so hard it ricocheted back off the frame.

"Why the fuck I gotta be punished for not having a motherfucking baby?!" she whined.

Reluctantly she freshened herself up, washed her hands and made her way into her room.

She threw her exhausted body onto the bed and allowed the thick white duvet to envelope her body - comforting her - slightly.

She groaned loudly, curling her knees up to her chest.

Her uterus didn't play no games and the painkillers sure were taking their own damn time.

Assuming the worst was over she threw her legs over the edge of the bed and stood up.

She stumbled back onto the bed as another intense wave of a back breaking pain washed over her body.

She screwed her eyes shut and let the worst pass.

Eventually - once the ache had dulled - she heaved herself up, her jaw tightly clenched and made her way to her closet.

She padded inside slowly, the thick socks covering her feet making it hard to walk across the pristine marbled floors.

She steadied herself against dark wood cabinet and studied the contents of her wardrobe.

Thinking made her tired, all she knew is that being casual and comfortable was her main priority but she still wanted to be cute.

Finally she settled on an old pair of ripped blue jeans, that hugged her in all the right places , a plain white v-neck and a comfy pair of dark brown, suede, ankle boots.

She pulled her long sleek black hair into a pony tail then through a black peak cap, before slipping on her favorite black shades and dabbing on some lipgloss.

She walked over to the mirror and smiled uneasily at her reflection, she felt okay and with the shades she was unrecognizable.

She'd be okay.

------------------------------------------------------------

She pushed her overflowing cart down the candy aisle, her eyes scanning over the bright boxes of sweets greedily.

She grinned.

It was like she hand tunnel vision, her attention devoted to the candy in front of her.

She wanted liquorice - red liqourice.

The promise of something sweet eased her bad mood and made everything seem a little bit better.

"Taraji?" an unfamiliar voice called.

She froze. Her good mood disappearing as quickly as it came.

She rolled her eyes and pretended she hadn't heard anything.

"Taraji?" the voice persisted, louder this time, closer.

Her heart raced nervously in her chest - each beat sending irritation pulsing through her veins.