chapter 6

authors note

Hey guys,

Listen to both songs mentioned in the chapter, they're pretty old, but still damn good.

Or nah gives me the feels for dayyysss  like damn, but anyway

Errr enjoy, I guess

xx Hannah
------------------------------------------------------------

Taraji walked over to the cupboard and grabbed three glasses, setting two on the table and filling the remaining one with some Moët.

She scrolled through her tunes and eventually settled on Or Nah by Ty Dolla Sign featuring The Weeknd, it had been on her playlist for a while now but she never got sick of it, it gave her all the right feelings.

She brought the glass to her lips and took a large gulp, grinding her hips slowly and she sang along.

She sauntered over to the mirror and watched herself dance "aint nobody tryna save yah, baby get that paper, probably got a lotta other bitches owe you favors," she sang along, eyeing herself seductively as she popped her back slowly to the beat.

She chuckled and shook her head, she couldn't wait until Malik got here, she hadn't seen him in 9 days, their schedules wouldn't allow it, but now she arranged for him to come over and she'd make him dinner.

It was nearly 8pm and she knew she had to finish up the final details so she fixed her lipstick and glanced around, double checking everything.

The table was set, crystal clear dishes and glasses, silver cutlery all set out meticulously on her oak dining table.

Red roses adorned a small round intricate glass vase and the gentle glow of small candles set the mood.

She inhaled drinking in the intoxicating scent of her baking lasagne that lingered in the air.

She sighed in contempt and just as she was about to refill her glass when Big Sean's Play No Games with Chris Brown and Ty Dolla Sign poured through the speakers and she couldn't help but turn it way up.

Just as she was about to get down, a rapid knock suddenly sounded through the condo.

She frowned, turned the volume down and fixed her hair before making her way over to the door.

They had been dating for nearly 2 months now and she had given Malik the code to the buzzer downstairs so he could just come right up.

Their dates were mainly at each other's places.

She had to be careful, she couldn't just be seen out with any man without the media jumping to conclusions.

Even though she liked Malik a lot and her feelings grew every day, keeping it low key was her main priority.

She flung open the door and grinned excitedly at a handsome Malik "hey baby," he murmured pulling her body into his.

He molded his lips against hers and she moaned, she missed him and he felt so good not to mention that she was undoubtedly turned on.

"I missed you," she murmured, laying her head on his chest as she wrapped her arms around him.

They fit like a puzzle piece, her head aligned with his heart and his chin with the top of her head.

"I missed you more," he whispered kissing her forehead.

She sighed and grabbed his hand and lead him to the kitchen.