Chapter 8-Louis

I smiled as I heard the news. Chelsie was not going to be attending school after tomorrow, because she had already done all the work for the year ahead of time and all she had was three finals. She was going to take them then focus on the wedding.

It wasn't because I would get to spend quality time with Chelsie. It was because I wouldn't be stuck at home with a five year old in the afternoons and two mums during the whole day.

The next day, when she came home, I bugged her about how the test went and all she did was flip me the bird and take a nap.

The day after that, the planning began. So did the bickering.

"I do not want my wedding in a church. I haven't been to church in six years. I want my wedding on the flipping beach!" Chelsie censored herself as she argued with my mum. This had been going for almost ten minutes.

"Well, we are having a traditional wedding, an-" My mum began.

Chelsie cut her off, "We are not getting married," She gestured between me and her as she continued, "We are getting married. So its up to you Louis. Beach or church?"

Everyone looked at me. I really wanted to do it on the beach, but I wanted Mum happy so I reluctantly mumbled, "I really think we should just have it at the church."

Mum clapped her hands together happily and said, "oh, thanks love. Ok, so I have been scoping out some possible churches and found this one that looks great."

She showed us the pictures online. It looked mroe like a cathedral. It was tall and had a huge cross made of crystal on the front. The inside was brown, with a huge stained glass on the wall that the congregation faces, and it was overall gorgeous.

Chelsie didn't comment and I could tell her mum wanted to defend her, but my mum can be pushy, and I was guessing she knew that.

"Ok, so. Moving on! We will be having wedding cake testings tomorrow at four p.m. We will be meeting the Wedding Coordinator I hired for lunch before then, and go over everything." My mum said proudly. Chelsie rolled her eyes and I elbowed her gently in the side.

The next day we found ourselves in a little cafe, across the table from our mums and a woman named Katerina. Apparently she was the best in the entire state.

"Ok, so we will be testing cake today at four, picking out flowers at twelve tomorrow, I will need a guest list and list of brides maids and groomsmen, I will need an special dietary needs, Charlotte and I will be designing the invitations and thank you notes, on Friday the girls will be going to pick out a dress and everything to go along that, as well as bridesmaids dresses, on Saturday Louis, his Man of Honor, and I will be getting all of the tuxes, and we will create the menu right now." Katerina said. 

Chelsie looked kind of pissed, but I wrapped my arm around her shoulder to mask it and remind her of our plan.

Lizzy was on her other side and she seemed as confused as I was. My mum said, "Ok, so for the colors we are doing green and white. So we shou-"

"No, we are not. We are doing orange, aqua, coral rose, sage and white." Chelsie said, keeping her voice calm. I was proud that she atleast didn't yell.

My mum looked her straight in the eye and with a stern voice said, "No. We are doing shades and ivory, and that is final."

Katerina wrote something down and smiled at Mum before saying, "Shades of green and ivory is a great idea. Now, three entrees."

Mum said, "I was thinking an Italian Wedding Pasta, a classic tomato and basil, and a chicken lasagna."

Chelsie shook her head. "No, I hate tomatoes. They make me feel sick. We will be having a choice of steak, fish, or a vegetable stir fry."

Katerina began to write when my mum stopped her and said, "Don't write that down. Write down Italian Wedding Pasta, classic tomato basil, and chicken lasagna."

Chelsie clenched her fists and I tugged her even closer.

Katerina sighed and said, "Ok, how about Charlotte and I go over the menu another time. We should begin the drive to the bakery, it is quite a ways away."

And that it was. We barely got there in time for our appointment. When we did, they sat us at a table and put four different cake samples infront of us. 

The chef came out and he said, "You have four different selections to choose from. The first one on your right is a chocolate stout layer cake with chocolate frosting. The second is a white chocolate and lemon wedding cake. The third is a simple white cake with vanilla frosting and vanilla fondant. the fourth is a raspberry lemon cake."

We all tried them and Chelsie was the first to comment, saying, "I really like the white cake."

I agreed with her but my mum said, "I think the chocolate is the best. Katerina, get the chocolate one."

At that point, I was about done with her too.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~