Chapter 20-Louis

“Ho-How did you find me? What are you doing here? Is everything ok? What is wrong Is Chelsie Okay?” He began to question.

It was quite clear he had been out of the loop for quite a while and that many questions ran through his head.

“Mate, calm down. I found you because I am rich and I have access to things most peasants don’t have access too. I am here looking for you daughter, because she left me standing at the altar with now wife. We are concerned for her safety because of the uncle.” I explained.

He stood back and gestured for me to come in. I thought about his questions and realized that Chelsie wasn’t there if he didn’t know.

“So, she left you at the altar? That sounds just about right. If I had to guess, I would bet that even though the engagement was arranged, she caught you with another girl and was really upset. Am I right?” He asked, not looking too happy.

I nodded and said, “Yes, and I feel terrible. I was drunk, and it was a huge mistake. That is not the point. The point is Chelsie left me, but she didn’t go home. She ran away. We are trying to find her and I thought maybe she found you and came here, but I guess not.”

He shook his head sadly and said, “Sorry, Louis. I wish she had. I miss my daughter and Tommy with all my heart.”

I sat for a couple seconds, letting that sink in. He did not sound like a father who would just walk out on his children and wife.

“Sir, if I may ask, what happened? You seem like you really love your family, and that isn’t the kind of person who just walks out on their family.”

He sighed and sat down on a chair. I sat on the couch next to his and he began his story, “Well, I used to work for the CIA. I had just come back from a mission hours beforehand when I got a call for another mission. I left in the middle of the night, because that’s what my orders were.”

“I got on a plane, awaiting more information. When I got to the airport, I was picked up in limo. That was what told me something was wrong. We never take cars that will draw too much attention, and that was definitely something that drew attention,” He explained.

He sighed and took a moment before saying, “Well, I met up with who you guys just call the uncle. I call him Silus. The great dickhead. He told me that I was going to get in the way of the contract, so I was to stay out of their lives until after they got married. I wouldn’t have listened to him, but he threatened Tommy’s life. I couldn’t let him take away my son. You have no clue how much I wish I could change everything.”

I nodded and said, “I am so sorry. That would be really hard. Well, do you want to help me track down your daughter?”

He smiled and said, “Yes, and lets nail that son of a bitch Silus while we are at it.”

 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sorry its really short!