Chapter 15-Chelsie

After Kristy dropped me off at Lizzy’s house, I knocked because her mother was home for once. I loved her mom. She was so caring and hated that she couldn’t be home for Liz, but she needed to provide for them.

Her mom opened the door with a smile but when she saw the state I was in, she frowned and ushered me in, asking, “What's wrong Chelsie? What are you doing here and where is Lizzy? Is everything ok?”

I sniffled and began to cry again as I said, “Lizzy is fine. It’s me. I walked in on my fiancé with another girl.”

She hugged me and rubbed my back, saying, “Oh, honey, I am so sorry. That is horrible. HE is obviously an idiot to not see how beautiful you are.”

I nodded and let her comfort me. She took me into their kitchen and made me some hot chocolate, letting me explain to her in detail what happened.

When I was finished, she looked appalled and said, “Oh, that is just horrible. I am so, so sorry. That is so filthy. Stacy sounds like a slut if you ask me.”

I shook my head and said, “That’s the thing! She totally isn’t! I don’t know why she would do this to me! I thought we were friends, but I guess that I thought wrong.”

She sat down across from me and said, “You are going to marry him still, aren’t you? I heard about the contract. You are always welcome in my home if you are ever in danger, okay sweetie?”

I nodded and said, “Thank you so much. I know how much you care about Lizzy, and I just want to tell you she loves you and I know she doesn’t blame you for being gone so much.”

She sighed and her eyes teared up as she said, “I hate it. I hate not being to see my daughter every morning.”

It was my turn. I put my hand on top of hers and said, “Its ok. She loves you and is thankful. Just cherish the time you do have with her.”

She was going to reply when the front door opened. Lizzy’s voice rang through the house as she called out, “Chelsie? Are you here? Where are you guys?”

She walked into the kitchen and found us. She opened her arms and I got up and ran to them. I cried onto her shoulder, getting makeup all over her pretty purple dress. She rubbed my back and said, “He was drunk. He really likes you. Its ok, Chels. Everything will be ok.”

I nodded and we went up to her room. We had a Vampire Diaries marathon and ate two tubs of ice cream. Classic girl thing.

I spent my days and nights at her house, and dreaded the fast-passing minutes to my wedding.

On the morning of my wedding, the moms came and got me from Lizzy’s house, and took me to the chapel.

I went into the dressing room they had set up for me, and saw a hair and makeup stylist.

I sat in the chair they had and the hair stylist said, “It’s your big day! Are you excited?” I nodded reluctantly and she smiled.

“Well, I am a professional and I promise we are going to make you look stunning. Now, do you want your hair up or down?” She asked nicely.

I was about to tell her I wanted it down and straightened, but Charlotte said, “Up. With a pretty headband. And keep the makeup light.”

Katerina shot me a sad look and I returned it. They did my hair and makeup; I put on the dress and shoes, jewelry. The bridesmaids all put their stuff on. I looked gorgeous; I am not going to lie. I was never really ugly, I was just never gorgeous.

I turned to everyone and said, “Thank you all for helping me get ready, but I am about to get married in less than an hour, so I would appreciate some alone time. Please. Just come get me when we are ready to go down the aisle.”