Chapter 6-Louis

As I held her hand in mine, I began to worry. What if she thought that I actually had feelings for her? What if she refused to divorce.

I somehow managed to keep a smile on my face as all these terrifying thoughts ran through my head. I just couldn't seem to grasp my situation.

My mum spat demanding and quite frankly rude comments at Chelsie, and thought I had only known her for little over an hour, I was about ready to become defensive. I knew my mother got like this when it came to girls I date. She was way over protective. If I spoke up, I would just make it worse for Chelsie because my mum would assume I liked Chelsie better.

Finally, I managed to excuse myself for the night. 

As I lie in bed, my mother's loud laughter ringing through the house, I think about my situation. Marriage means no random hook ups, no waking up in someone else's bed hung over, I would have to get a real job, I would have to become responsible and share a house.

That was just not my thing. I got my phone out and dialed Brody's number, fingers drumming nervously on my leg as it rung. Finally, a groggy voice answered, "Hello? Who is it?"

I happily exclaimed, "Finally! Its me! I have been trying to get a hold of you. You are never going to believe what is happening!"

He sighed and said, "Mate, its three in the morning. Is it really that important?"

I rolled my eyes and said, "Of course it is! I am engaged!"

He coughed, well sounded more like choking, and once he got himself together his voice sounded shocked as he said, "Engaged? Is this some kind of joke? I know you Louis, and you are not the kind of person who gets engaged."

I sighed nad relaxed back onto the bed, not even realizing I had tensed up so much as I said, "I know. Thats the point. It is an arranged marriage. And don't get me wrong, the girl is super hot and all, but I don't want to be married."

He was quiet for a minute before he said, "Maybe you need this. This could be a really good turn in your life, Lou. I need to go back to bed, but just think about that. Goodnight."

He hung up and I stared at the screen. I couldn't believe this. This was not supposed to happen.

The next morning I woke up and wandered into the kitchen to get some food. I glanced at the clock and saw it was five in the morning there. I winced and slipped, knocking over some stuff. It made a big clang and I froze, hoping no one woke up. I went back to making toast, and about thirty minutes later Chelsie came down. She was rubbing her eyes and looked like she had just woken up. She rubbed her glasses on her pajama top and when she put them on, she jumped back noticing I was there. I smirked and chuckled.

I took her appearence in. Messy bun, no makeup, long flannel pajamas. She looked good, but not in the way I was used to. She looked good in a innocent way.

She scowled at me and crossed her arms over her chest as she questioned me, "What are you doing up so early? And what are you doing down here?"

I smirked and answered, "I am up because of the time difference and I was hungry so I made some toast. Why are you up?"

She glared at me and exclaimed, "Well, someone was being really noisy and since I have to get up in a half an hour anyways I got up to see what was going on down here. Someone has to make sure Tommy is safe."

I felt a bit sad for her. She was just a teenage girl, and yet she seemed to have to take care of everyone? That just wasn't fair.

I gestured at my other piece of toast I hadn't eaten and said, "Do you want some?"