tree (Ashton)

You sigh as you guys finally finish putting the tree up. It took forever to put up. Ashton brings in the boxes of ornaments and lights and you smile. "I need the lights." You tell him and he nods, finding them and handing them to you. He attempts to help, but it just gets confusing, as he keeps tangling them and messing it up. Eventually he apologizes and simply stands back to watch you. After a while, you have the lights perfectly on the tree and he smiles, opening the boxes of ornaments.

"Ready?" He asks. You nod and pull out a sparkly blue ornament, hanging it in the perfect spot.

After about an hour, you guys have finished with the ornaments and you sigh as Ash pulls out the tree topper. You can't reach, so he usually just puts it up on the top. As usual, he gently puts it up there and steps back, and you plug in the lights. "Turn off the lights!" (An- like lights like on the ceiling) You tell him and he does. The tree kinda lights up the room, and you smile. Both of you sit there in silence, admiring the tree for a few minutes before he finally talks. "I love it." He announces. You nod in agreement, before remembering that he can't see you, since it's dark.

"Me too." You answer. He gently kisses you and you turn the lights back on. "I love you." He tells you. "I love you too." You answer.

"Oh! And I finally figured out what I'm getting you for Christmas!" He says. "What?" You curiously ask. "Can't tell you. It's a surprise." He smiles.