Chapter 2- New Crushes

Camila Pov

The girl with green eyes. Yeah, her. Lauren is her name. Lauren Jauregui. The girl that never says a word to any of us. The girl that always seems to capture my attention. There was something about her that I just couldn't wrap my head around. It's not that I was into girls, but her, she was a different story. She had changed my whole perspective as soon as we met.

I had not fully confessed my feelings. And only the other three girls knew about this little "crush" of mine that I had for Lauren. It was scary sometimes when I had little slip ups. The girls would give me the death glare that would say "shut your face, Mila" all over.

There had been a few major ones that even fans seemed to have noticed.

-Reading tweet questions

"Who are your celebrity crushes?" Lauren asked, hooking her arm around my neck. It had been her turn to read aloud one of the questions for us.

While the girls talked animatedly amongst eachother, I already knew mine. In fact, she had been the one to ask the question. The one who currently had her arm around my neck. Then out of nowhere without a second thought, it escaped from my lips,

"Mines Lauren." I spoke, smiling like an idiot in her direction. She reeled her head back in a goofy smile, then pulled me into a hug while the others had a moment of "Awe".

Another moment that had stood out in my memory, and to the world, was in an interview with Chelsea Riggs.

"Who are you kissing under the mistletoe?" She asked, directing her question towards Lauren.

"Umm, I don't-"

"Me!" I answered, once again smiling like an idiot at her.

"Know?" She finished while the other girls broke out into an uncontrollable laugh.

"Never mind! Never mind!" I quickly butted in, looking around nervously, hiding a sudden red tint to my cheeks that were heating up quickly.

"Ummm, anyways!" Lauren said, tapping my shoulder lightly.

Had she felt the same way? This made me question even more. Of the many moments that we had together, all of them made me either feel like a complete idiot, or made me question whether this could really be something.

We currently sat in the dressing room, Beyoncé filling the environment around me. Dinah sat leaning her head on my shoulder, Normani and Ally dancing in the middle of the floor wildly, and Lauren in front of a big mirror, scanning her phone intently.

My eyes were glued on the girl, watching her eyes wander across the screen in complete focus to the small electronic device in her hands.

"Hey Chancho," Dinah said breaking the silence, "quit that intense stare you got goin' on." She said laughing and nudging my shoulder. I suddenly woke from my strange trance.

"What? I was staring?" I asked, returning to the Polynesian on my right.

"Damn straight. If people could feel a stare, I think Lauren would have left the room uncomfortably by now, feeling violated by your eyes. Mila, you are practically undressing her with those things." Dinah commented, smirking.

"Shut up! I can't help it. Dinah I seriously need some help." I said, dropping my gaze to the floor.

"I imagine you do, Chancho. Why don't you just tell her that you like her? What is stopping you. Other then her scary vampire appearance, and her intimidating gaze that she gives when someone interrupts her from her phone." Dinah suggested, lifting her perfectly sculpted eyebrows in question.

"I wish it were that simple." I sighed, resting my head in my hands.

"It can be, if you don't let your anxiety control you. Go do it. Take a chance. See where it can go. She won't wait forever, you know?" Dinah said sitting up and meeting my gaze.

Dinah and I had formed a bond from the moment we were grouped together, and the others as well, but not as strong as the one between Dinah and I. We understood eachother, our somewhat uneducated brains connected, forming evil pranks together and the corniest jokes. Dinah had my back as I had hers, we would go down together fighting. I trusted her with my life. So why couldn't I trust her on this one?

"You know what? Your right." I finally said, rising to my feet.

"Go get her tiger." Dinah said, slapping my butt.

I slowly made my way to Laurens chair, resting my hand on the back of it and tapping her shoulder. Annoyed, she yanked out her earbuds.

"Yes?" She snapped.

"Could we talk?" I asked, biting my lip, preparing to spill everything.

"Sure, take a seat." She said, motioning to the chair beside hers. She swept her hair to one side, uncovering her perfectly shaped face.

"Thanks. How are you, Lauren?" I asked, crossing my left leg over my right.

"Why do you care?" She asked, arching an eyebrow.

I was kind of upset at the attitude I had received from her. But I put up even stronger walls then before.

"Because I do. We are a group, kind of like family. We gotta look out for eachother." I said resting a hand on hers. Her skin was so smooth, I was tempted to caress the porcelain skin.

"And what if I don't want to talk to you?" She asked, yanking her hand out from under mine and positioning it on her knee.

"Why do you have to be so rude?" I asked furrowing my eyebrows. That might have been a slight mistake.

"Why do you have to be so persistent Camila? I didn't ask for you to care! And I sure as hell don't have to sit here and listen to your pitty! You know nothing about me, so don't pretend to know me. Okay? Stay the fuck out of my life." She said rising from her chair and leaving the room, slamming the door behind her.

The girls all froze and looked at me, tears now forming in my eyes. Ally rushed over to her phone, shutting off the music quickly.

"What the fuck is her problem?!" Dinah exclaimed, standing from her position on the couch.

"Dinah," I said holding up my hand, the other wiping at my eye that insisted on letting the hot tears escape from my sockets, "let it go. Okay, I tried talking to her, but you see how that went."

"God Mila I didn't intend on that happening." Dinah said approaching me and stroking my arm in comfort.

"You want us to go after her and kick her ass for you?" Normani asked crossing her arms.

"Normani!" Ally protested, slightly hitting the girl on her arm.

"What? She deserves it. Mila is sensitive and didn't need to be yelled at for trying to confess her feelings."

Normani had a point. I was sensitive. I had never felt this way about someone. In the short time of knowing Lauren, I felt so strongly about her. Being yelled at by her for no clear reason, that was like a knife being jabbed deep into my heart to never be pulled out.

"Well, whatever it was that had her in such a pissy mood, she better be sorry about it later." Dinah spoke, pulling me into her arms.

"Thanks guys." I said giving a sad smile.

"Anything for you, Mila." Ally said stroking my arm.

We all had a group hug afterwards, as they tried to lighten the mood. The girls never liked to see me sad or upset, especially considering I had been the light of the group. The energetic girl that seemed to bounce of the walls without a care in the world.

But I had a weakness. And that weakness had a name.

It was a person.

And her name was Lauren Jauregui.