Chapter 14- New Beginning

Camila Pov

Today was exciting! I could barely fall asleep last night, mainly because Lauren couldn't sleep with me because the girls took her out for a bachelor party. I didn't want one and insisted on her going while I stay home. They made sure she wouldn't get too drunk so she didn't have a hangover before our big day.

We invited everyone we knew, including the girls as our bridesmaids, Chris was Laurens best man, Taylor and Sofi sat with my mom and dad, along with Clara. All of Dinah's family showed up, along with Ally's and Normani's, everyone came excited to see what alot of people were waiting to see. A camera crew lurked around, but that hadn't seemed to bother anyone. All we asked were if they could send us copies of the pictures they took. It made out jobs easier and we wouldn't have to pay for a photographer.

I was currently still doing my hair, Normani and Dinah stood in the corner of the room, crying on eachothers shoulders, while Ally sat behind me, braiding my brown locks perfectly. Once she had finished, she stuck flower petals in between the creases of the braid, making my hair stand out the most. My makeup had already been done by Dinah, and of course Normani complained about not getting to do anything.

"Well, how do I look?" I asked standing and doing a twirl. They all stared at me for a while, until tears brimmed at their eyes and they all 3 hugged eachother.

"Guys." I said opening my arms. They ran over and pulled me into a tight grip. We all cried together, afterwards I had Normani touch up on my makeup so she did contribute somehow. Once we had finished, my dad stood in the doorway.

"Alright girls. Showtime." He spoke. His eyes fell on me and a smile danced on his lips.

"Hi, Alejandro!" The girls greeted him.
"Hello girls. Go downstairs, I need to have a talk with my daughter." The girls nodded in response, hugging me one last time before heading downstairs with the rest of the party.

He said down next to me, draping an arm over my shoulder.

"I'm walking Lauren down the aisle you know that right?" He asked.

"Yes. We all know Mike would've been very happy to see this day. He kept me and Lauren alive. It's a shame he had to go. I miss him deeply and I'm sure Lauren misses him as well." We both nodded.

"I'm so proud of you, mija. You always seem to amaze me. And now that Sofi has grown up to see this, I want the best for her too. You are a huge inspiration to her, you know that right?" He asked, wiping tears from his eyes.

"Yes. I love her to death dad and I want her to be happy too. I'm just glad you guys accepted Lauren, even for her dark past." His smile faded a little, but quickly returned.

"Everyone makes mistakes. She learned from hers and was willing to fix herself for you. That earned my respect. Along with the fact that she loves you completely and without a doubt. I know she will take care of you. I'm counting on that." He smiled. Finally he pulled me into my arms. "I love you, Mila." He said before letting go. "Your mom wants to talk to you afterwards. She can't stop crying so when she gets over it tonight she will call you." I laughed through the tears now making their way down my cheeks, and wiped them away.

"Okay. Enough talk. Time for you to get married." He laughed, helping me to my feet and guiding me downstairs. I had to wait because Lauren was guided down the aisle first, and I couldn't wait to see what she looked like. To see those piercing green eyes staring at me, to walk towards our bright future. I couldn't wait. Finally, I heard my dad coming up to the door and opening it, signaling for me to come out. As soon as our eyes met, the world around me seemed to disappear. Everyone in the room became a ghost, and it was just me and Lauren.