Chapter 5- Walls

Dinah Pov

Tour was making sleep difficult for us. We were used to going on tours but it was never easy with sleeping. Before performing on stage, loads of makeup was applied to hide the effect of insomnia.

Finally we had a week off to get time with our families, or time to ourselves. But since the whole group was family oriented, we all chose to go home with our families. Almost everyone.

That night before I went to bed after having a long day of catching up with my family and getting fat on Polynesian food, I received information that would surely keep me from sleeping until I got to the bottom of it.

[Camila]- Did Lauren end up going home with you?

I gazed at my phone shining brightly in my face, burning my eyes from the darkness of the room and the sudden light from the small devices screen.

[Me]- No I thought she went home with her family in Florida?

[Camila]- No, Taylor just texted and asked if she went home with me or someone else. I asked all the other girls but they said they went home alone to their families. Dinah I don't mean to worry you, but this is Lauren we are talking about.

[Me]- I know Chancho. The best we can do is wait until morning. The last time we saw her was at the airport and she did get on the plane for Miami so I don't know.

This wasn't like Lauren. We all knew that she was private, but she wouldn't just drop off the face of the earth and not tell us what was going on. Something had seriously been wrong.

[Camila]- Thanks Dinah. I'll let you sleep now. Just please check your phone alot now and make sure that you text me if you get anything.

[Me]- You'll be the first to know, Chancho.

[Camila]- Goodnight.

[Me]- Goodnight.

-

The next morning I awoke to a text that made me smile inside.

[Lauren]- Damn. Can't have one night of fun without the whole fucking world going mad and hunting me down. Sorry that I don't have a talent for drunk texting, but Chris told me not to worry about it and to text you guys in the morning when I'm sober. So Hi. I'm alive. Happy?

Oh Lauren.

[Me]- Good job, Laur. Sorry that your girlfriend was worried about you. :)

[Lauren]- Who is this girlfriend you talk about? Damn did I really drink that much?

[Me]- Camila went bananas.

[Lauren]- You are what you eat.

[Me]- So she's you?

[Lauren]- You are so fucking lucky that there is a screen separating us right now, or my foot would be up your ass, Jane.

[Me]- Love you too, Laur :)

I didn't want to stay on my phone too long or my family would think something was up. I threw on some clothes and ran downstairs to come face to face with the smell of pancakes and a happy table full of people.

[Camila]- The girls want to meet up at your house. What do you say?

[Me]- If they want to be attacked by a bunch of crazy people, sure. And I'm sure they would all be more then happy to see you guys again.

[Camila]- Alright we will be there by dinner.

[Me]- See you then.

Surely I just made a huge mistake. Uniting Camila and Lauren is like lighting a fire to alcohol. Or setting a forest on fire. Mass destruction. Their relationship was so weird as well. You never knew what mood Lauren was in, and if it was bad, Camila couldn't contain herself. She would bother Lauren until Lauren told her, which only ended in slamming doors and screaming into pillows.

The rest of the day I chased my cousins around at the park, going out to lunch with the whole family, and coming back only to prepare a giant meal for my friends that would be here shortly.

The knock on the door caused me to jump up and race to the door, tripping children on the way to get to the door first.

"No fair Dinah!"

"You aren't fast enough you little twerp," I turned to stick out my tongue, "LOVE YOU!" I shouted before opening the door.

"Hey guys!" I exclaimed, brining Normani and Ally in a big hug. They pulled away after a good squeeze, allowing me to notice the absence of Lauren. Camila stood shyly alone, her hands tugging nervously on the hem of her sweater.

"Hey, Mila. Where's Lauren?" I asked pulling her into a hug.

"Late. Where the fuck else?" Normani snorted.

"Watch it! You are in my house now and if I can't cuss then you can't either." I said pointing my finger menacingly at Normani who now had Ally's hand plastered across her mouth.

"Good job, Ally." I said smiling. She held up a reassuring thumb, along with a cute little smile.

I turned back to Camila, in time to catch her wiping at her eye.

"Aw, Mila what's wrong?" I asked putting my hands on her shoulders and arching my eyebrows. "Is it Lauren? I'm sure she's just running a bit late. She will be here in time for dinner. We don't need that sad sap anyway. She will be the party pooper."

As if on que, Lauren walked up the steps.

"Will I?" She slurred. She was drunk.

"Have you been drinking?" Ally asked, stepping past Normani to cup Laurens face. Lauren pushed her away and almost fell over, but was saved by Mila who hugged her and pulling her upright.

"No of course not. Dinahs family wouldn't want a drunk now would they?" I barely understood what she had said, but I made out most of it and put it all together in my head.

"Okay get her a glass of ice water and a wet rag. Lauren your staying here tonight in my bedroom. I'm not letting you drive back home. Not in this condition. Not until your sober." I said rushing everyone inside the tiny house, closing the door behind us.

Camila guided Lauren in, wrapping a protective arm around the older girls waist. Normani fetched for a glass of water, and Ally for a wet cloth.

"I am not drunk, Dinah. Why don't you fucking believe me?" Camila shushed her by putting her index finger to Laurens lips.

"No cussing! Dinahs cousins repeat everything we say. So put sassy Lauren away for now." She said walking Lauren over to the couch before she practically fell flat on the surface. Camila stood there staring at Laurens motionless body lying there pathetically on my living room sofa.

"Lauren what's gotten into you?" I asked, crossing my arms. Ally came rushing in with the rag and immediately plopped down next to Lauren and started dabbing away at the girls forehead. Lauren weakly tried pushing Ally's hand away, but failing when the smaller girl sent a smack that echoed throughout the room on Laurens pale hand.

"Ow what the he-"

"SHUSH!" Ally said this time smacking Laurens mouth and holding up a threatening finger. Camilas hand shot up to her mouth to obviously hold back a laugh. Soon Normani joined us with Laurens ice water. She set it on the table next to the couch.

"Guys, if you don't mind, I would like a moment to speak with Camila alone." Lauren slurred, smiling in the smaller girls direction. Laurens drunk smile could make anyone feel warm and fuzzy inside. Something about it made it funny, yet it looked so relaxing on her face, and seeing Lauren relaxed is always a sigh of relief. When Lauren got drunk it had always been rare, but these past couple of days she's been getting drunk too much. We knew something was up, but we figured not to push it and to wait until Lauren wanted to confront us with it herself.

"Yes. We will be in my cousins room. Take as long as you need." I said before dragging Ally and Normani with me to the room.

"You think we can trust those two alone together?" Ally asked on the way.

"They will be fine. Lauren isn't mean when she's drunk." I said tugging them into the small glittery pink room.