Chapter 13- Promises

Lauren Pov

To think that months ago I had been into drugs and alcohol. Now I sat on the balcony of my apartment I had bought with Camila, waiting on her return from the store. We moved in together after the interview with Ashley, which seemed so long ago. We had feared the girls wouldn't want us to go, but they actually encouraged us to. So we did. We got one that overlooked a private beach that nearby residents occupied. The ocean slapped at the warm sand below, creating a calming sound that was like music to my ears. I breathed in the fresh salty air, filling my nose with complete peace. I took a sip from my hot tea next to me, the breeze a bit cold, considering it was in the middle of November. I had loved seeing the leaves blowing around, but I'd much rather be at a beach.

I heard the front door open and close, signaling that Camila had been home. I shuffled the small black box in my pocket, a bit nervous for tonight's plans.

I walked into the kitchen area as she set down the paper bags.

"Hey, babe." I smiled, leaning against the small island.

"Hey," she greeted, walking over and planting a kiss on my lips before proceeding on putting away the groceries.

"How was shopping? And why didn't you bring me along? It would've been alot more entertaining." I said, my eyes following her as she ran around like a queen bee in a nest.

"Because I know that you act like an immature 5 year old, driving the cart like its a racecar and almost crashing into people. Not to mention the one time you ran over that poor 3 year old that one day in Walmart."

I gasped at the memory.

"Oh my god how do you remember that?!" I asked giggling slightly.

"Because I remember laughing my ass off at the boys grandmother who beat the crap out of you with her purse afterwards. Even though the boy was okay, you still deserved it." She laughed, setting the milk in the side door of the refrigerator and closing it.
"She was one cranky bitch." I shook my head, folding my arms across my chest.

"Oh yeah, how would you feel if your grandson got ran over by a crazy tattooed woman with a cart?" She asked, now facing me and tapping her fingers on the island.

"I'd... Okay fine. You got me." I said laughing and shrugging. She shook her head and walked over, throwing her arms around my neck. I rested my hands on her waist, staring deeply into her eyes. The soft, brown orbs told many stories, but looked back at me mainly with so much love and affection. If I ever had doubts on if she loved me, all I had to do was look into her eyes and automatically know the answer.

"Camz?" I asked.

"Yeah, Laur?"

"Are you happy?" She looked at me confused, almost as though surprised I would ask such a strange question.

"Of course I am! You have always managed to make me happy since the day I met you. Lauren Jauregui, you are my soulmate." She smiled. She sealed it with a kiss, tender. I smiled against her lips, and she quickly reciprocated.

I pulled away slowly, leaning my head against her forehead.

"Let's take a walk down on the beach?" I asked. She nodded in response. After putting away all the groceries, we both slipped into something more comfortable and made our way to the now cold sand. The afternoon had been taking effect, everything around us turning red from the sun slowly setting, seeming to sink under the vast ocean stretched out in front of us. I turned to look at her, seeing her in this light only making her even more beautiful.

We sat by the shore, enveloped in a blanket and cuddled next to eachother. I looked at her, brushing a loose strand of hair out of her precious face. This was in fact the perfect moment.

"Alright, Lauren. What's up. You've been staring at me this whole time." She laughed.

"I want to ask you something." I said before pushing the blanket off our shoulders and pulling her to her feet, taking her hands in mine.

"Oh my god..." She said before I bent down on one knee, still holding her hands in mine.

"Camila, I've loved you ever since that first day on X-Factor. The moment I laid my eyes on you, your cute little smile and that adorable laugh of yours got to me before I had even gotten the chance to know you. Automatically, our relationship hit it off, first as friends. I couldn't have imagined life without you. Then I lost you. You went away and sent my body into denial, almost as though you were a drug and I was addicted, experiencing withdrawal. But I realised, once you had come back, that I never wanted you to leave again. I never wanted to watch you go love someone else who isn't me, thinking that I could've had you but was too late and you slipped away. I want to have kids with you, I want to grow old with you, and I want to die happy knowing that I died loving you. So, Karla Camila Cabello, I finally want to ask you, will you marry me?"

She smiled so widely, her eyes glistening in the sunset. She took a deep breath before answering,

"Yes. A million times yes." She said before I jumped up and hugged her, taking her off her feet and spinning around. I set her back down only to slide the ring on her finger. It looked right, like it was meant to be there. Like no other ring had as much power as this one. I pulled her in for a kiss, laughing into her lips because I was so happy. We stood there until the sun finally sank behind the waves, the stars scattering in the deep sky.

I was a beautiful night. And now the person standing next to me wasn't my girlfriend anymore, but in fact my Fiancé.

I couldn't be more happier.