Chapter 19- Grandkids

Lauren Pov

Elena has been out of college and married for a while. We were happy to see her and the boy she ran into while at college get married, she always had sent letters to us explaining how much she loved him. For Christmas, we had invited him and his family over to join us. We enjoyed the time and definitely enjoyed him. He treated her right and that's what made us happy. Today she was in the hospital for some reason, we had no idea why.

Camila and I drove, discussing what she was hiding from us.

"Maybe they bought a new house?" Camila smiled.

"Camz, why would they be in the hospital if they bought a house?" I asked laughing as we came to a stop at a red light.

"I don't know I am just really excited. It reminds me of when we were young, I miss those days, Lo." I took my gaze off the road and stared into those deep brown eyes of hers. I rested my hand on her knee and smiled.

"I don't love you any less. Just because we don't interact as much doesn't mean the love is gone. I still love you endlessly." She leaned over and gave me a quick kiss before the light flashed green again.

About 5 minutes later we arrived at the hospital, rushing in and making our way to our daughters room. When we walked in, Camila's jaw dropped, along with mine.

Elena was holding a little baby girl. Elena's hair was a wreck, her eyes puffy and read and her face dreadfully pale, but she still looked happy as a person could ever look.

"We... We are grandparents?" I asked breathlessly, throwing my hand over my heart as it tried beating out of my chest.

"Yes. Meet Melanie, Melanie Camren Woods." She smiled warmly, Camila and I walking over to the bed and Camila held her, staring at her sleepy face and touching the tip of her nose.

"Why camren?" I asked, stroking the babies cheek.

"So she can represent something beautiful. I hadn't wanted it as her first name, Me and Joey had agreed on Melanie already, but I still wanted her to represent something beautiful. And everyone sees what you guys have, so I gave her Camren as her middle name." Elena smiled, grabbing Joey's hand and squeezing it.

"She's beautiful." Camila whispered, kissing the top of Melanie's head and handing her off to me, kissing my cheek and staring down at the baby.

The baby had beautiful bright blue eyes, probably from her father. Her tiny nose had the smallest birth mark, a little dot on the tip of it. Her lips curled into a calm smile, while her tiny fingers played with my hair.

"Melanie Camren Woods. Welcome to the family, honey." I smiled, kissing her forehead as well.

-

It had been a long year, still getting over the fact that I barely had time to sing anymore. With Fifth Harmony out of my life, I didn't feel as complete as I used to. Even though we all still talked, and I had married Camila, I never thought it would hurt this much to be apart from the girls. The need to be touring with them and watching movies and going out to eat dinner at Dennie's. Everything that we had done in the past now only standing out as memories.

I longed to make more, but it had been too late. Fifth Harmony couldn't last forever, but I know I wasn't the only one who had wanted it to.

I sat with Camila on our couch, laying across her lap and watching TV. She stroked my hair, contently humming to herself. Even though we have now been married for at least 25 years, it still made me feel butterflies being around her.

"Camz?" I asked, sitting up.

"Yeah?" She asked, stroking my cheek and sending me a warm smile.

"Do you miss the old days?" She seemed surprised, her eyebrows rising and creating creases in her forehead, as if they weren't already there.

"Yeah. But I'm also glad to be here with you. We just got a granddaughter, we are still happy after 25 years, and we have lived our lives completely. I don't want it to end, but when it does, I know I will die happy. Happy that I at least got to spend the rest of my life with you." I smiled, pecking her on the lips and snuggling closer into her side, my attention returning to the TV.

-

Camila had called the girls so we could all meet up at a restaurant, it being a surprise for me. Once we got there, I smiled at the familiar sign of Dennie's, stepping out of the car and making my way towards the door, my hand in Camilas.

"Hey guys!" We both greeted, all of us hugging. We sat in a booth, the waitress making her way over and pulling out her notepad. Very few people remembered who we were, our fame instantly disappearing as we broke apart. It wasn't hard to go out in public, and to avoid paparazzi was even easier.

"What can I- oh my god. You're Fifth Harmony!" She exclaimed, her eyes lighting up immediately.

"Well we were Fifth Harmony. Now we are just some old people." Dinah joked, shaking her head. The waitress laughed, pulling out her phone.

"Can I take a picture of you guys together? My older sister would love to see it, she is such a big fan. Or... Was." She asked, pulling up the camera. We all nodded, my arm instantly wrapping around Camila and pulling her closer. Ally leaned against the table, propping her arms up and resting her head in her hands, flashing a beautiful smile. Normani and Dinah made silly faces of course, Dinah crossing her eyes and sticking out her tongue while Normani crossed her arms and gave a pissed off look. The flash blinded us, giving me memories of the old days when paparazzi would kill our eyesight with their flash.

She smiled afterwards, dropping her phone back in her pocket and pulling out a pen.

"Alright, thank you. Now, what can I get you ladies?" She asked politely. We all ordered, her fangirling one more time before going back and announcing out orders to the chef. No one in the restaurant seemed to care we were in there, leaving us at peace.

"Wow. It's always nice to see there are still some Harmonizers out there, going at it strong." Normani laughed, sitting back in the booth.

"I miss the old days though." I spoke, rubbing the faded tattoos on my arms.

"I do too, Laur. I think we all do." Ally spoke, receiving nods from all around the table. We all enjoyed the rest of the evening, being happy to remain in the presence of eachother. Fifth Harmony had been with us that evening, showing us that no matter what we would be Fifth Harmony and a true family.