Chapter 7- Camren Vacation

Lauren Pov

She had seemed surprised receiving this news. I had known for two days now, its been eating me alive ever since I first found out. That's why I drink. When a problem makes its way into my life, my solution is to drink until the pain goes away. It might not be healthy and only make things worse, but that's always how I've done it.

"Lauren... Oh god... I'm so sorry." She laid a hand on my shoulder. I just shrugged.

"I have ways of ridding the pain. That's what I have done. And also, when you're around, I don't feel any pain. I always feel happiness, I feel free and loved. You always have made me feel this way, Camz. I was just afraid to tell you." I smiled. Tears threatened to spill, and she let them. She smiled and giggled while wiping them off her cheek.

"Thank you, Lo. I know its not like you to let people in your life, but somehow you managed to make room for me." She said resting her hand on my cheek. I put mine on hers, and smiled sincerely.

"What do you say we go away for the weekend? Just the two of us?" I asked filled with hopefulness. One weekend with her and I don't think even getting hit by a car would make me unhappy.

"Really?" She asked, her eyes darting down to her lap then back up to my eyes. She bit her lip and thought for a second, as if thinking of all the bad things that could happen. I nodded my head and hoped that she would say yes.

"What the hell. Why not." She finally said laughing. We both leaned in for a hug and just sat there, hugging for what seemed like ages. Finally, we parted and decided to go and pack up for the trip. I didn't know where we were going, just as long as I was away from here.

-

"What do you mean you are going on vacation?!" Dinah yelled, still grumpy from just waking up. She was currently preparing coffee, for herself and the other girls that were still asleep.

"Well since we have off this weekend, I want to get out of here and away from my problems. Dinah you know I love you and your family and the other girls, but maybe me and Camila need time alone to figure out things between us. And I need time by myself as well with what all is going on. Life isn't really on my side at the moment and I would like if I could just relax somewhere where I can seclude myself around things that make me happy. Once again you guys make me happy, but Camila just makes me beyond happy."

Dinah smiled. She had understood that it was tough for me even though she didn't know what was going on, but she knew that sometimes I just needed a little break.

"Kinda sucks that you can't stay. Everyone was looking forward to seeing you again. But that's okay, there's always next time that we get a break from tour. Please come back happy and healthy, Laur." Dinah spoke before pulling me in a warm embrace. I wrapped my arms around the taller girl, always being able to feel safe and welcomed in her hugs. Dinah and I always connected since the group started. We had instantly become best friends without a care of one another's past life. The bond we had created couldn't be broken, and couldn't be matched. I had a bond with all the other girls too, but something clicked when it came to Dinah.

"Have fun alright? And make sure you don't hurt her again. Or she hurts you. I can't stand dealing with the gigantic headache of your bickering back and forth. I swear you both act like five year olds sometimes." I couldn't help but laugh. Soon Camila appeared in the doorway with her things, noticing that I had already finished packing and my things had sat next to the front door.

"Could you tell the others?" I asked rolling Camila's suitcase over to mine.

"Of course! They'd be happy to hear about a Camren vacation." She smirked while pouring the now hot and ready coffee in a red mug.