Chapter 20- Endings

Camila's Pov

I watched Lauren from afar, her wobbly legs staggering over to me, her wrinkled sweet features showing annoyance that she couldn't keep her balance. Not every 76 year old could say that they can walk without trouble, so she should find herself lucky.

"Dammit!" She cursed when she dropped her cane, looking to bend over and retrieve it before I walked over and got it for her, handing it back.

"Thanks, babe. My hands don't really work the same as they used to." Lauren laughed, pulling me into her side. I had problems with my memory, always forgetting by the end of the day what I had done. One night I ate dinner and went up to go to bed, lying there thinking about what I ate. What can I say, being young doesn't last forever. I had also been 75, my old wrinkled self not being able to get around as much anymore.

"Can we sit down?" Lauren asked, almost out of breath.

"Yeah, I'll bring you over to the couch." I answered, lacing our fingers together and pulling her towards the couch. I didn't mind taking care of Lauren, as I had vowed to do years ago. She was my everything and I'll do anything to make sure she was okay.

"You alright?" I asked, stroking her cheek.

"I am now. I'm just a bit... Tired. I would really like to just sleep. But I have to see my daughter one last... I mean I have to see her again. We haven't visited her in a while." She smiled, a smile that looked a bit forced. I acted as though I hadn't noticed anything and smiled back, nodding.

"You have to walk to get to her, honey." I said, laughing and kissing her cheek. Lauren frowned, giving me a pouting face. I huffed, rising from my seat and walking over to where Laurens wheelchair sat leaning against the wall. We hadn't even left the house yet, which truly concerned me on how slow she was today.

I unfolded it, helping her sit down.

"Much better. Thank you." She smiled up at me. I leaned down and kissed her lovingly, before strolling her out the door and to the car. I opened the door, helping her into the seat and folding up her wheelchair again. So much work for an old lady, I know.

I walked over to the drivers side, slumping in the seat and shutting the door. I look over at Lauren, seeing as she laid her head in her hand, rubbing her temple.

"Babe, are you okay?" I asked, laying my hand on her shoulder. She looked up, wiping away tears and nodding.

"I'm okay. Just miss Elena, is all." She sniffed, forcing another smile, thought this one seemed harder to form.

"Okay." Was all I could respond. I felt so powerless, not knowing what could possibly be wrong with my wife, but I wasn't going to push her. She didn't need that. We made our way to Elena's, Lauren groaning in pain every once in a while, cursing about how badly her back hurt. I would cringe at the sound of her pain, the sound creating my own pain only mine had been located in my heart.

We finally reached Elena's house, stopping abruptly out front.

"We are here." I announced, Laurens head shooting up and a sad smile creeping on her face. We both got out, but I had to pull the wheelchair back out. She sat down, thanking me again as I nodded and pushed her up to the house. I let Lauren reach up and ring the doorbell, letting her take control somehow.

Elena soon appeared, little Melanie appearing by her side as well.

"Grammy Lolo and Mila!" She exclaimed, hopping up in Laurens lap gently. Lauren wrapped her arms around the small girl, nuzzling her face in the crook of the young girls neck, almost desperate to feel the young girls touch. We rolled into the house, Elena shutting the door behind us.