Stuttered prom

Marks POV

I've been at this new school for a month now. Prom is in a week and my mom really wants me to go. A girl by the name of y/n really caught my attain fast. Her beautiful h/c, h/l flowing hair that always swayed when she moved. Her s/c smooth skin that had not one flaw. But what really caught my attain was her bright, sparkling, lively, happy e/c eyes.They always caught me off guard no matter what.
It was the end of the school day and everyone was in the hallways trying to get to their lockers or to others lockers or back to other classes to get their phone that was taken away, or standing in a group of friends but mostly to just get out of the building.
But y/n was in the band hall, we both had performing arts but different types.
I was in band, playing the trumpet. She was in chore, pretty good at singing if I may say.
I took a deep breath. I was never very good at talking to girls, I always embarrassed myself I just did not know what to say. Most of the time I would freeze up and stop breathing.
But I really liked this girl....I mean she was a sweet, caring, and never left people out. I only got to really talk to her a few times though...

I started to walk towards the chore room. She was gathering up her things. I walked in, and up to her.

"Hey...y/n?" She stood up and turned around and looked at me then a smile appeared on her face. Oh her smiles made me melt with love...

"Hey! You the newer guy...M...Mark? Is it?" Just breath Mark...Breath...Everything's fine...just...breath...

"Y-yeah..." I looked down, starting to feel my throat start to close. "I-I...was w-wondering if I-I...could as-ask you a quest...ion...?" My throat burned and it felt like something was stuck in it. My chest felt like it was on fire and it became harder to breath right.

"Sure Mark, what's on your mind?" She held her binders to her chest. I had her full attain. But it looked like there was some concern in her dazzling eyes.

"Well...uhh...I know that-I mean...are y-you going...would you like too-..." I could no longer breath. I could no longer think. My chest was heavy and on fire. My mouth was dry and so was my throat as well as it hurt from pressure. My eyes were starting to water slowly. They were becoming sore and I could hear my own heart beat echo in my head, as well as you dumb ass!

"I-was th-thinking that......ummm...m-me-a-and......if y-you were...or w-would th-think about......p-p...p...mmmmmm..." I could feel my eyes aching in pain. It hurt to keep them open. My chest and throat and heart all felt like I was at the lowest point of the ocean floor and all the water was crushing me.

"Mark? Is everything alright?" She took a small step towards me.

I thought she would walk away by now...I thought she would think I'm insane or I have a mental issue...that I'm "special" or something...but no. She's still giving me her full attain. She has more concern shown on her then when I started but still...

"Y-yeah...I-I...o-only wa-wanted...to a-ask...no...d-do you...w-want-I meant-planning-I mean...would-ahhhh......errrmmmm......were...going with-uhmmmmmmm......is-a-any-anyone......your-g-going...with..." Tears were ready to stream down my face. If I blinked then they would fall and I would make this even worse.

Suddenly another guy came and wrapped his arm around y/n's shoulders. "Hey good lookin! What's shakin meh main gal?!" He turned her to face him. "Hey, my sis...I need to ask you a-"

I began to walk away before I could hear the rest. I failed to ask my crush to prom. My head sunk and the tears that sat painfully in my eyes were making rivers down my cheeks.

I'm an embarrassment...

Your POV

"Hey, my sis...I need to ask you a question." (guy friend name) spoke with a sly smile.