A dark deed saved by love

Your POV
Mark has not been acting like himself lately. His eyes are dark, and distant yet foggy, glossed over and filled with something I can't place my finger on...(and no I do not mean jab yer finger into his eye, sorry that came to my mind...shutting up...) His skin was drained of its color. His hair was untamed and the normally energetic man who always had a smile on his face or a joke crack or a dirty preveted comment had a emotionless look on his face. Sitting on the couch with phone in hand.

I have noticed even in his videos he hasn't been acting himself. Saying things like "I don't quite feel like myself" telling fans "don't turn around, its looking at you" referring to a monster of some sorts. He hardly talks anymore.

"Hey Mark?" He didn't even look up from his phone. "Mark." I called to him again standing in front of him. I kneeled down between his legs to get his attain. "Mark honey..." He finely looked down at me.  "I'm going to go to the store, is there anything you need?"

"Y-your leaving...?" Just the way he said 'leaving' made me feel odd.

"I'm only going to the store. If you want to go with me you can." I gave him a hopeful smile but he just shook his head. My smile faded away. "Well is there anything you want me to get you? Anything you need, want?" Yet again another shake of his head.

"Mark are your sure? You haven't eaten in a while...are you feeling okay?" I didn't ask because I did not know the answer but to see if he would tell me.

"...fine..." Sometimes I am afraid to leave him alone, even just going shopping.

"Alright then...maybe when I get home we can do something...fun..." I winked. Not getting a response i mumbled under my breath "...or not..."

"See you soon." I planted a soft kiss on his cheek then headed out the door. A awkward feeling tingled in my stomach that caused me not to trust leaving him alone. But I left anyways.

Mark's POV
Bad thoughts have been filling my mind...things I never would have thought of. The feeling of my knife at dinner that I hardly use, the cool metal blade slicing through my skin. Or a rope, and how it's strength could hold me by my neck.

Y/n my lovely, smart, kind hearted, beautiful, bubbly, girlfriend has tried to make me happy. But for some reason it's not working. Whenever she left the house my thoughts would get more vivid. I felt that I was free to do the things that went through my mind.

But I always tried not to acknowledge them. But now for some reason it was worse. There were voices, telling me to get the knife. Telling me, no yelling at me, screaming at me viciously. They were taking control and I could not ignore them.

I stood up from the couch and walked to the kitchen after 10 minutes of my thought arguing. I stopped at the knifes. I took out one with a big handle a sharp blade. I felt powerful yet weak at the same time.

These voices must stop...and there's only one way to stop them... I took out the knife and placed it to my wrist slicing the skin over and over again. I felt the blood oozing out dripping onto the floor. The feeling of pain felt good, the stinging, the somewhat pleasure...I cut my wrist again. Close under the first, then second, then third, then forth, then fifth, then sixth, then seventh, then eighth, and so on.

I could feel my blood seeping out of my skin onto the floor. On my other arm I sliced from my wrist to my inner elbow.  The blood seeped out and both arms were stained red quickly.

I suddenly became dizzy from the loss of blood. My vision becoming blurry. My legs became wobbly. I dropped the knife and it clattered on the floor. Now I can't see straight.

After more blood pumps out of my arms I soon pass out and collapse on the cold floor.

Your POV

I unlocked the door with my arms full of groceries. "Mark...I'm home..." I looked over to the couch to see he was not there. "Mark?" Worry started to flood over me. "Mark!" 

I walked into the kitchen to see Mark on the floor in a pool of blood.

"MARK!!!!!" I dropped the groceries and ran to Marks side tears dripping from my eyes. "MARK! MARK WHAT HAPPENED?!" I flipped him onto his back to see where the blood was coming from and one of his arms was flipped and showed bleeding cuts up and down his arm. "MARK!" I screamed.

"Mark...why would you do this..." I sobbed. I reached into my back pocket for my phone unlocked it and called the police.

"Fire, police or ambulance?"

"AMBULANCE AND FAST!"

"What's wrong miss?"

"MY BOYFRIEND CUT HIMSELF! HE PASSED OUT!"

"Your address?"

(Your address)

"I'm sending a ambulance right away."

"THANK YOU!"
I put his head in my lap. "Please wake up...I don't know what I will do if you don't...please...please wake up...please" I sobbed. His eyes opened a little and all I heard him say before the paramedics barged through the door and put him on a stretcher was "I'm sorry."

Later in the hospital

Marks POV

I opened my eyes to see bright white. White lights white walls white blankets. The only color I saw was y/n. Her hair was in her face but I heard sniffling.  I tried to open my mouth but it was dry, my throat hurt. I was going to reach out for her but my arms were sore. I looked down at them to see gauze on them and a needle in my arm.

"......y/n..." My voice was small. She looked up.

"Mark..." she ran to my side. "Mark why did you do that? Why did you hurt yourself? Why didn't you just tell me something was wrong?"

"...because...I-I...I didn't know how..." I whispered.

"You could have died Mark..." she looked me straight in the eyes with her red ones. "What do you think I would have done if you would have died?"

I stayed silent and looked down at my lap. "...I'm sorry..."

"Mark...you don't need to be sorry...I'm just glad your ok." I looked back up at her. "Just promise me something."

"Of corse baby anything..."

"If your feeling out of it will you talk to me about it?"

"I promise..."

"Thank you..." she leaned in and kissed me.

"This is gonna scar huh?"  I looked down at my arms.

"I will kiss every scar on your body..." she kissed my stomach.

"I love you..." I smiled at her as she kissed my stomach.

"I love you too..." she laid her head on my chest.

I'm glad at someone this around me all the time...