The princes soldier

Your POV

I was a royal guard. I was assigned the prince himself. I never met him but I heard he was a nice man. He did nice things for the people of the village and kingdom. I have seen him pass by a few times. He's tall well built thick dark hair and a sparkling smile. What girl wouldn't want that? He won't have a issue finding a wife...

His brother became the king after his father died.He was a good man, strong, brave, smart and always generous. I was told to bring Mark, the prince to the next kingdom over safely. Thing was we were going on foot. Just me and him and weapons of corse!

"Sir Mark!" I bowed as he walked towards me he just laughed as he came in front of me. "What's so funny?" I furrowed my brows.

"You don't need to call me sir." He held out his hand. "Mark will be fine." I took his hand and shook it.

"And your name?" He gave a questioning look.

"Y/F/N, it's nice to finely met you si-Mark..." He chuckled.

"Well it's nice to meet you too F/n." We let go of each other's hand.

"Shall we?" I pointed behind me and he nodded. "On our way then..."

"So what made you want to become a guard?" Uhh are we going to be talking the whole way?

"I liked weapons...I went hunting with my father and had younger siblings that I had to care for to I had to learn to protect them." He nodded.

"You like weapons you say?"

"Yeah, I like weapons. Swords, bows, carving knives, spears, katana, bamboo stick..." He smiled.

"What's your favorite?" We entered the the woods.

"The katana...I like how it feels in my grip...how strong I feel when it's in my possession." I moved the branches out of his way to pass through.

"Ah..." for the next hour he kept talking and talking and talking...

When will this man shut up?! I heard rustling I the leaves not to far ahead. I placed my arm in front of his chest but he just kept talking.

"Are we stopping? Why are we stopping? Is something wrong?"

"Shhh..." I placed my finger over my mouth.

"Why do you want me to be quite? Is someone out in the woo-" I placed my hand over his mouth.

"For once will you shut the hell up!" I hissed at him in a whisper. I listen and heard more rustling. I took my sword out of the holster. And pointed in in front of me. I heard more rustling but it was all around us this time.

Three men walked out of the undergrowth with swords drawn and wicked smirks on their faces. "Mark, when I tell you to run, I want to to run as far away from here as possible, don't stop running till you reach the kingdom...and don't wait for me." I whispered to him behind he so it was barley audible.

"No, I'm not leaving without you!" He whispered back.

"Mark, my mission was to protect you, make sure you don't get hurt, your life is in my hands it doesn't matter if I die if you die everything your father and brother have worked for will crash, the kingdom will become weak and someone will start a war." I whispered.

"I can fight for myself you know." He drew out his sword and put his back against mine.

"What the hell are you doing?!"

"Fighting! No one thinks I can do things myself! This is my one chance to show you that I don't need to be protected!"

F/N you can do this...you learned how to do this before...this is what you were training for your whole life...this moment...go for the smaller guys first and then the bigger guy...but also keep Mark safe...got it!

One of the smaller lunged himself at me. I threw my sword in his direction clanking it with his. And swinging it at him. They got caught and I pushed him back with my sword and I looked at Mark who was fighting the other smaller guy.

Wait where's the big guy? I looked back to the smaller man and the big guy was right there.
"Fuck..." I muttered. I swung at both of them lunging left then right. Twirling to hit the smaller guy in the stomach. I placed my foot on him and pushed him back and he fell on the ground grunting as blood spilled from the sword wound and his mouth.

I looked over at Mark who was about to get injured by the surprise attacker. Forgetting the bigger guy I ran I got in front of Mark blacking the blow that now hit me instead of him. I was sliced in the side. I winced and gritted my teeth throwing my sword at his exposed side cutting into him.

"What are you doing?!" Mark shouted.

"SAVING YOUR LIFE!!!" I shouted back as the guy pushed me back with his sword. I swung at him hitting his sword. I swung again but he blocked it. The bigger guy came in and I want clanking my sword with both of the bandets and dogging the blows I was about to be giving from the two men. Mark was at my side helping.

"RUN!" I screamed at him but he stayed. "RUN DAMNNIT!!!" I screamed. But he just kept fighting. "RRRAAHHHHH!!!!!" I threw myself at him pushing him out of the way of the incoming sword that now sliced open my arm. The smaller guys chest was exposed and I threw myself into him my sword pointed straight. It went through his heart and he fell. Before I could get my sword out of his chest I felt a hard blow to my back.

I fell to the ground. I looked up and a sword was going towards my chest I rolled and it made contact with my arm. I screamed as it sliced my flesh.

I looked back at it was heading for my face and I looked to my left to see one of the dead men with a sword. I slid across the ground and it grazed my cheek. When I slid I grabbed the sword and pointed it up and it collided with the other mans sword. He moved my sword the other way then moved his sword and sliced my hand making me drop the sword as I grasped my hand in pain.

Looking up the sword was going for my stomach and I scooted away towards the sword and it went clear through my leg into the ground as I grabbed the sword once again. He gripped my throat with his large hand and took the sword out and lifted me up by my throat against a tree.

I raised my sword at shoved it into his chest. He let go of my throat and I fell to the forest floor. He was lifeless in the ground.

"F/N! I tried to help! Why wouldn't you let me?!" He was running over to me. I stood up. The loss of blood was finely getting to me. "F/N WATCH OUT!!!!!" Mark screamed running with his sword in his hand towards me.

I suddenly felt a sharp object enter my stomach causing pain in my stomach then it went out and I collapsed onto the forest floor drifting into nothingness...

🌮🌶🌮🌶🌮🌶🌮🌶🌮🌶🌮🌶🌮🌶🌮
Hey my favorite people!!!!!
Ok there will be a part two to this just saying!!!! Always thank you for reading and commenting and giving Me your feedback your ideas and your likes dislikes I love reading your comments so comment more thank you all!
I honestly can't thank you enough!!!!