4: Rachel WAS Here

We snuck out through Chloe's window.

"This is hella cool." Chloe said.

Hella? Chloe's even got a new vocabulary.

"It is cool, being back here again." I said.

Chloe and I were sitting on the bench, looking out at the beach, and the sun shining on it. It looked so peaceful, so beautiful. It felt like we were kids again. It's been 5 years since I reunited with Chloe, and the day is already going awesome. 

"So," Chloe said. "This is cool, but hella boring. I want to take you to my new secret hideout."

"Sure." I said, brushing a piece of hair out of my eyes. "Let's go."

~

The junkyard sure fits Chloe's new style. It's all rust, beaten up, filled with graffiti. Totally suitable for Chloe Price.

"Isn't this fucking cool?" Chloe asked, widening her arms, to show the junkyard.

"It's pretty sweet. Plenty of photo ops." I said, touching my bag, which held my camera.

"C'mon, I'll show you my hideout."

I followed Chloe. I observed the junkyard. There was tons of old boats, bottles, and old, beaten up cars. I wonder if the cars remind Chloe of William, and what happened to him. Eventually Chloe led me into a little shed by train tracks, and she sat down, and opened a beer.

"Sit down, enjoy the decor." Chloe said sarcastically. 

I sat down, and looked at the graffiti on the walls.

Chloe was here

Rachel was here

I saw Rachel's name and felt bad for Chloe. Rachel and Chloe must have hung out here a lot. Now Rachel is missing, and I'm probably the only true friend that Chloe has left. I may have left for 5 years with no word, but, I'll always be here for Chloe. She's my best friend. Nothing can change that.

My phone buzzed and I opened up a text from Warren. I met him on campus at Blackwell, and gave him my number. He's pretty nice, and a dork. He's a total science geek, I know where I can go to if I need help blowing something up.

Max, you need help unpacking?

Warren seemed to be concerned about me. I guess he's kind of my first real friend here at Blackwell. I texted him back.

No, thanks for the offer tho ^-^

"Who ya texting?" Chloe said, trying to sneak a peak at my texts.

"Nothing, just a friend from Blackwell." I said turning off my phone. "Nothing important."

"I know what is important." Said a voice.

Chloe stood up right away. I looked at her frantically and then looked at the source of the voice. It was a man wearing a leather jacket, and he had a few tattoos. Chloe didn't look happy to see him.

"What are you doing here Frank?" Chloe said, moving herself in front of me.

"Aww, look at that." Frank said. "Protecting your little girlfriend of yours eh? I don't want to hurt her. I only want to hurt you, if it comes to that. Which, I don't want it to."

"What do you want?" Chloe snapped.

"You owe me." Frank said. "All that weed you bought, still haven't paid up. I want my money soon."

Frank pulled out a knife, and my heart dropped. Chloe's face turned from anger to fear.

"Don't you dare touch me or her!" Chloe said.

"Relax." Frank said. "If you pay up, I won't have to." Frank tucked away the knife. "Now, get out of here with that little girlfriend of yours. Seems like you didn't even care about your other girlfriend."

"I LOVED Rachel you asshole!" Chloe said with tears filling her eyes.

"Yeah, alright." Frank said.

And like that he was gone.