9: Not Alone

School started at Blackwell.

My 5 days with Chloe were amazing. After the night at the pool, we just hung out and talked about anything. Nothing bad, not at all. It was if we were in a totally different universe. A universe where William wasn't dead, where Rachel never went missing, and Nathan never drugged Chloe.

The first few days of school weren't all that great. Victoria Chase is already picking her victims. And I'm one of them. And poor Kate Marsh. Victoria just doesn't let up on that girl. Making fun of her religiousness and all that. It just isn't fair. Bullies are everywhere at Blackwell, but Kate Marsh doesn't deserve the crap she gets from Victoria.

Mr. Jefferson's photography class is pretty cool on the other hand. I don't pay attention, but he took a picture of the class. I didn't want to be in it, but it was so freaking cool to watch him frame us like that.

It was the Friday after the first week of school, and I hand't seen Chloe all week. I decided to pay her a visit.

I walked up to her house and knocked on the door. David opened up the door and looked at me up and down. I've seen David around Blackwell. He's the head security gaurd there. But he isn't doing a very good job with all the bullying and vandalism that happens. David shouted for Chloe, and she came running down the stairs, and ran into my arms.

"Good to see you too." I said accepting the embrace.

"Come in and tell me how school at Blackhell is going." Chloe said grabbing my hand and leading me up to her room.

She closed the door behind us and then kissed me by surprised.

"Wowser." I said.

"What Max?" Chloe teased. "You can't take a hello kiss?"

I smirked at her and leaned in and kissed her. Chloe was taken by surprise and backed away after a minute.

"Damn, your hardcore Max." Chloe said. "Now I can tell that Warren kid he doesn't stand a chance."

I rolled my eyes.

We sat down on her bed and she grabbed a hold of my hand.

"I've been thinking about what you said." She said grimly.

"About?"

"Nathan possibly drugging Rachel." Chloe said not being able to look me in the eyes.

"Should we look into it?" I asked with geniune concern.

"I don't know." Chloe said rubbing her face. "I mean, it'd make sense that Nathan Prescott would be behind it. I just want to find Rachel. I miss her."

I nodded silently.

"I think I'll dig in on Nathan. Little bitch drugged me, might as well expose him." Chloe said.

"Yeah. I've heard of this 'Vortex Club' that Nathan practically owns." I said. "I could tell you when the next party is."

"It'd be safer if you go to the next party." Chloe said. "Nathan drugged me, so if he saw me at the party, he'd probably get pissed."

I tightened my grip on Chloe's hand.

"We go together." I said. "I won't leave you alone. You're not alone. I'll always be here for you."

Chloe pushed me flat on the bed and got on top of me and started kissing me, hard. I smiled as she kissed me and wrapped my arms around her neck. She started to kiss my neck and then look at me.

"Do you want to?" She asked.

I grabbed the bottom of Chloe's shirt and took it off her and she did the same to me. We were kissing and we sat upright, my legs wrapped around her, and she unhooked my bra. I did the same to her. Chloe got up and locked the door, and then we went on. And it was amazing, and satisfying. Like nothing I've ever felt in my life. After we were done, we cuddled in bed. Our naked, sweaty bodies up against each other. And we laid there together, talking about how we were going to take over the world someday. And by 8 o'clock, we both fell asleep.