December 9th

Shin is not expecting someone, especially at 9 in the morning. She plans to stay at home and hopefully finish wrapping all the gifts. So it all but surprises her when the maid told her that someone is looking for her.

She sees a young man in a cap impatiently tapping his foot. In his hand is a bouquet of daffodils.

"Rachelle Ann Go?"

"Yes" she says carefully.

"Delivery" he replies, obnoxiously snapping a wad of gum in his mouth. She's tempted to make a comment around the fact that she can see he's got a delivery, but refrains. Instead, she takes the bouquet and lays it on the hutch just beside the door, returning with a tip. At least he tips his cap on his way out.

She all but dives for the flowers, searching through as she makes her way to the kitchen. She finds the little card in the plastic trident and opens it awkwardly. A tiny photo falls as she opens the card.

Date #1?

Her heart is pounding as she reaches down for the photo. The place looks very familiar, but she could not exactly remember where it is. She's breathless.

Ian just asked her out on a date. Not that it's something new. It's just...different.

Her skin is vibrating and she can feel her heart thumping through her chest. A real, honest to goodness date.

She calls him, just to make sure.

"Hello" he answers, not even bothering to look at the screen.

"You sent me flowers." Oh. The awe and reverence wasn't supposed to be there. She can almost see his eyes clearing as his mind shifts to the conversation, identifies the voice on the phone. It isn't often that he answers his phone without checking the ID first.

"Shin"

She swallows. "You sent me flowers." God, she feels like a teenager.

"Fortunately, I haven't been out of the dating game that long," he says on the other of the phone.

She's having a difficult time breathing. "And you remembered."

"Of course, I did."

She hums. He remembered her favorite tea, and now her favorite flowers. Things that a person should only probably remember when they're in a relationship.

"So?" he asks.

"Yes," she breathes.

There's an actual hitch that she can hear on the other end of the line.