December 1st

A month.

A whole flipping month.

What is she supposed to do with herself for 30 days?

Okay, maybe it's not that bad considering she's spending it in the Philippines. But if there's one thing she has learned over the years that she stayed in London, it's that she doesn't idle very well. She's always doing something. She always HAS to do something. When she told her manager that she will be having the month off, the woman had nothing but sympathy for her. Thus, she told her that there would be no other commitments for her. "Just spend it with your family, sweetie" she said to her. So again and again, she would ask herself, "What am I supposed to do for 30 days?"

Shin sighs as she deplanes in NAIA, wondering if this is really the best decision she's ever made. She loves her family, she really does. But she'd rather have them go to London than have her spend a whole in month in Manila. Of course, she hadn't really been offered a choice either. The minute "time off" had been uttered, her mother all but insisted for her to purchase a plane ticket and come home. Not to mention the happiness she had seen in the eyes of her best girl friends when she told them during their Skype date that she might spend the holidays in the Philippines.

They wanted her there.

How was she supposed to say no to all of those?

She hadn't once returned to the Philippines since she decided to stay in London for good. It hadn't been an entirely conscious decision on her part, and certainly not one she'd aimed to use to hurt anyone. On the contrary, she left because she needed change, and London – it just offers her so much. Opportunities she only used to dream about are being handed to her. Plus, she likes the low-key celebrity status she has there.

She sucks in a deep breath.

It's odd, she thinks in a strange way, to step back onto Philippine soil. There's an odd mix of dread and home that threads through her blood and makes her heart pound. Half of her is nervous, while the other half is beyond excited.

She weaves through the airport easily. She's done this way too many times before and a month of vacation means she's had to check bags. Not uncommon, not unheard of, but it's something she dreads. And NAIA hasn't changed.

"Ate!"

Her head comes up to see a young lady who's already towering over her. When did she get this tall? She wonders. "Jazzy!" She managed to say before her younger sister pulled her into the tightest hug.

"Shin!" she heard her mother call. Oh, there comes the tears. She'd been kind of anticipating that. They are her family. The family that she hasn't seen in over a year. Almost two. Or is it more? Holy crap, she's lost count.

"I missed you, Ma. All of you." she said as the older woman finally let go of her. She hugged her father next. "Pa!" "Welcome home, Shin!" he said.

Home. Yeah. Somehow, it really does still feellike home.