•20•

Later on...
Kyriel's POV

Earlier was crazy and I'm glad Jamal was gone when I had to go pick April up from practice.

Right now I was at home balled up on the couch on my phone. Jamal texted me a few times saying sorry. Like nigga we not dating! Damn!

April came downstairs just in time because somebody was knocking at the door.

"I got it." She said. She looked through the peep hole. "It's ma." And she opened the door.
April's eyes got huge.
"H-hey April, where's Ky?" Ma said.

I stood up and walked over. "Right her-"
She had a black eye and one side of her face was red. Why does Will keep doing this?
I took her hand and braught her in.

"Ma why is Will hitting you?!" I asked.

"H-he's not okay?! I didn't come over here to talk about that." She pulled away rubbing her arm.

"I don't believe you."

"Okay that's fine because you never do!"

"Ma I saw Will hit you before!" April said.

"See that's why I don't like when they go with you." I rolled my eyes.

"Will didn't hit me okay?! Can't you just believe me for once?!"

Me and April both shook out heads no.

"You need to get off that stuff and maybe we would! It's got you a mess!" I semi-yelled. "You need to get clean."

"I can't even just come over here to talk to you without y'all bringing up my problems! I don't want y'all worrying about me."

"I wish I could trust you and what you say but I can't! And I know that nigga is hurting you! Somebody needs to bust a cap in him!" I crossed my arms in front of my chest.

"Kyriel, I don't need you to fight my battles! Can you do ya mama a favor and don't worry about me."

How could she say that?! I'm not trying to become an orphan. April and Paris barely know their dad so basically she's all they've got!

This is the shit i'm talking about though! I feel like there so much pressure on me right now.

Okay let me list it out.

•Zaye got shot and is in a coma.

•That Means That I Have To Run The Trap !

•I need to take care of my sisters so Child Protective Services doesn't take them from my simple mother.

•Major. I have no choice though.

•His dumb father gets on my nerves sometimes.

•Jamal keeps trying to talk to me.

And Last !

•Will won't keep his hands of of my mother!

Seven things. Great...

"I-I was going to ask you if I could take the girls with me but never mind." She says.

"I don't want to go with you! I want to stay here." April scoffed.

"Chill. Just go 'head and watch tv or something." I told her. She huffed and went on about her business.

"See? They tired of this too. The excuses, the lies, just everything. Can you please just go?" I asked.

"I-i'm sorry. Okay? I am. But i'll go." I watched her open the door and leave.

She seriously needs to get some help.