•2•

"April,Major, Paris. Let's go." I motion them out as I walked out of the Rec. I was picking April up from basketball practice. April wanted to do basketball for the summer. They followed me out and we walked to the car.

We hopped in the car. We put on our seat belts and just as I turned on the car, some random rap song came on.

"Mommy can you turn this up pleaseeee?! This daddy's song!" Major says hyper.

"No." I changed the station. I don't feel like hearing Dashawn. He sounded like everyone else.

"Mommyyyy pleeeeeaaaaseeee."

I hate hearing him beg so I just turned it on.

"Fine." I say turning back to the station.

~

I got to the apartment in no time. We got out the car and walked inside the lobby and went straight to the elevator.

Once we got on the 2nd floor I looked for my address then unlocked the door and went inside.

My phone rang and I looked down to see it was my mother calling. Ugh, what she want??

"Hello?"

"Ky can you bring the girls over?"

"Mama i'm not doing that if that man over there."

"He has a name Kyriel and Will is at work."

"Mama no. He could come home and I don't want Paris and April to get hurt."

"Well let me come over there."

"Fine but i'm not leaving you here alone. You stole from me last time."

"Fine fine Kyriel I don't care. As long as I can see them."

"Okay Ma."

After that we hung up. She think i'm crazy if she think i'm letting them go over there with her abusive boyfriend Will!

All of a sudden the bell rang and I got up to get the door, seeing Dashawn standing in front my face.

"Hey come in." I said looking up at him. He's 6 ft and a couple inches.

"So, How are you?"

It was kinda awkward to talk to him.

"I'm fine. Major come on!"

He came out his room ready to go.

"Daddy guess what?!" He was excited.

"What?"

"Your song came on in the car!"

"Oh forreal?"

"Yeah!"

I rolled my eyes. That's all niggas wanan do now and days. Rap and get money.

I went on the deck just for him just to think I wasn't paying any attention but I was listening to what they were saying.

"Daddy can I ask you something?"

"Of course."

"Why you not with mommy?"

I froze at the question he asked. His birthday is coming up soon so he's really keen on what's going on.

"It's complicated."

"What that mean?"

"You'll learn when you get bigger."

"Oh. Okay! I gotta ask mommy something."