)( Chapter Five )(

A young sixteen year old Law, found himself in an elaborate hall with articulately hand chiseled marble pillars lining the pathway and a vast open indoor courtyard spanning out around either side of the pillar lined path. He didn’t know why the Shichibukai had taken an interest in him and pulled him out of the auction. He’d been caught in his hometown in the North Blue by lowlife slave traders. Doflamingo more commonly in the underground known by the alias of Joker spotted the teen and ordered his release. The senior adopted the teen into the Donquixote family because the boy reminded him of his deceased younger brother.

                The teen found his mind wandering to his far away home. He’d find a way to gain the Shichibukai’s trust and go his own way and one day he’d find a way to ruin him.

                “Onii-tan?” A soft childish voice chirped behind him and he felt a gentle tug on the back of his shirt.

                He turned to snap at whoever had startled him from his thoughts of home, but froze as his gaze fell on the ten year old girl standing before him. A silken white nightgown with splashes of teal clung to her small frame, her bright sea prism stone aquamarine eyes were bright and glittered with tears, her pale cheeks were flushed as if she’d just ran a great distance. With her free hand she reached up to rub the sleep from her teary eyes. A glint of silver atop her moonbeam hair caught his eye and he noticed a small silver tiara perched atop her head. Why was there a child here?

                “Hime-chan?!” He heard the call of frantic voices ringing out through the palace.

                The little girl hid behind him still gripping the back of his shirt in her small hand. “I’m scared.” Her voice was whisper soft as she buried her face in his back.

                “Ah! There you are hime-chan.” A breathless maid gasped as she stopped and doubled over at the end of the walkway upon noticing the young princess. “Come on; let’s get you back to bed.”

                “Oni-tan.” The little girl whimpered behind him.

                Law sighed, he didn’t want to deal with a crying child, “I can take her back.” He knelt in front of the girl and couldn’t help but smile as she scrambled onto his back with a cute sniffle as her tears subsided.

                “Oy what happened?” An eerily deep voice barked from the opposite end of the hall and Law nearly jumped at the sound. He was supposed to be away on business.

                “Y-young m-master?!” The maid exclaimed in awe.

                Law felt the child wriggle out of his hold and turned in time to see the blonde girl running toward the infamous Shichibukai, “Oji-san!”

                “Are you causing trouble again, mei-chan?” (referring to her as niece) The shichibukai smiled affectionately as he lifted the small girl into a tender embrace.

                The captain of the Heart Pirates hadn’t even realized he’d dozed off as he was suddenly jolting from sleep causing the  kind hearted young blonde, who was in the process of covering him with a blanket, to fall away from him with a squeak of terror. Law stared at the girl as realization hit him; Felicity was Doflamingo’s niece, the heir to his throne in Dresserosa.  A wicked thought crossed his mind and brought a small smile to his lips, he could use this to his advantage. Somehow, the cruel shichibukai had something aside from his own desires and ambitions that he truly cared about in this world, his niece. If Law had her in his possession, he could easily use her as leverage against the shichibukai in a sticky situation or even use her against him to bring him down.