)( Chapter Twenty Eight )(

Everyone was on edge. Rayleigh revealed that he wasn’t able to use the strange aura he’d used earlier, and the navy surrounding the auction hall had already made an announcement that an admiral was on the way.

                “Well I had no intention of being saved by an Old Man.” Kid scoffed and turned on his heel, “I’ll be going on ahead.” He paused and smirked to himself before casually waving everyone off over his shoulder, “As an added bonus, I’ll save you guys.”

                This got a negative reaction from the other stubborn pirate captains. Law and Luffy threw a glare in Kid’s direction as he casually strutted for the main entrance.

                “I’ll take care of the cleaning outside, so you guys can relax.” He goaded them further.

                Felicity jumped as the usually cool and collected captain of the Heart Pirates got to his feet abruptly looking livid. That red haired arrogant captain was getting under his skin. It was bad enough he spoke so familiarly with his princess.

                “C-captain?” Felicity attempted to quell his rage.

                “Like hell.” Law muttered under his breath before coolly following after the red haired pirate captain.

                “Eh?!” Luffy ran after the two of them, “Like hell, I’m letting you guys hog all the fun!” He roared exuberantly as he flew past where Felicity and the rest of the crew were still sitting in shock.

                “Shut up.” Kid growled as Luffy and Law fell in step beside him.

                “We’d better get going, hime-chan.” Shachi rose to his feet and offered her a hand with an awkward half bow.

                Reluctantly, Felicity accepted his hand and allowed him to help her to her feet. She struggled to keep her bearings as she felt the now familiar sensation of rushing fluid in her head and her vision became blotched. Swaying slightly, she managed to somewhat keep herself upright.

                “Hime-chan, what’s wrong?” Penguin asked in concern from behind her and reached out to steady her.

                “I’m okay.” She cringed as she felt a dull throbbing pain begin to pound in her temple becoming ever more persistent and painful the longer she stayed standing.

                Shachi swept her off her feet causing her to squeak adorably and cling to him as she suddenly felt as if she were falling. “I got you, hime-chan.” He smiled as he easily carried her after the captain.

                The orange haired girl from the Straw Hat crew eyed her curiously, “She doesn’t really seem like a pirate.” She remarked to the dark haired woman beside her.

                “Eh? Hime-chan’s not a pirate.” Shachi snickered, “She’s our Princess.” He beamed causing a faint blush to spread across the fairy like girl’s cheeks.

                The three captains bickered incessantly as they walked side by side toward the entrance their voices growing louder as their short tempers ran rampant.

                “Like I said, I’ll do this myself.” Kid snapped his voice growing louder than the others.

                “No! I’ll do it!” The straw hat captain argued loudly.

                “Don’t order me around.” Law barked coolly.

                “They’re acting like children.” Felicity sighed as they fell in step with the remaining Kid Pirates making their way toward the door after the bull headed captains.

                “But they look like they’re having fun.” The masked man from Kid’s crew interjected with a smile in his voice.

                Felicity studied the captains once more. They did look happy, disturbingly happy. The Straw Hat captain looked thrilled at the idea of a fight. Kid looked happy at the prospect of getting to crush something. Law on the other hand looked more thrilled at the idea of getting to collect data on his rivals that could possibly be used against them. It was a twisted sort of joy, but it suited him.

                 Everyone paused near the doorway as the three pirate captains stepped outside to face down the arsenal of marines. The Straw Hat pirate captain stopped setting his sandal clad foot down with a determined stomp as he crashed his fist into his palms and cracked his knuckles.

                “Alright, you guys stand back.” He declared casually as he stared down his opponents.

                “Hey, were you listening to me?” Kid glowered as he halted next to the Straw Hat captain and folded his arms menacingly over his bare chest. “I said that you two should stay away.”

                Law halted on the opposite side of Kid with his large Kikoku in one hand and his other held out readying to use his ability. “Give me one more order, Eustass-ya, and I’ll take you out first.” He threatened coolly.

                The marines began firing mortars upon the three captains. Luffy expanded his form like a giant balloon causing one cannonball to ricochet back to the mortars. Kid used some strange purple magnetic force to repel his back and Law used his sphere of blue light and his kikoku to behead one of the marines and replace it with a cannonball.

                They all had strange devil fruit abilities and separately were forces to be reckoned with, but if they combined their destructive powers and formed an alliance, they would surely be unstoppable.

                Kid suddenly thrust his hands out in front of the other two with a cocky smirk across his dark lips, “Keep your hands out of this, you two. You’ll just get in my way.”

                Felicity tensed as she noticed Law’s rage begin to grow. He absolutely abhorred the red haired captain. His steel eyes narrowed into a glare as he turned on the arrogant captain of the Kid Pirates.

                “Didn’t I tell you?” Law barked, “If you tried to order me around-..” He cut off as the Straw Hat captain let out a loud battle roar and ran toward the enemy.

                “Leave it to me!” The Straw Hat captain yelled as he barreled toward the enemy at full speed causing Law to smirk and Kid to gape. He laced his fingers together and stretched them like a giant net as the marines fired more mortars at him and caught the cannon balls within before spinning rapidly. One fell loose and hit where Law and Kid were standing causing the two of them to dive out of the way.

                “Oy! What the hell are you doing?!” Kid snarled as he landed out of harm’s way.

                “Sorry!” The Straw Hat captain laughed.

                Felicity inhaled sharply as her vision began to blur, just watching the three of them in action made her feel nauseas. Her condition was worsening. She slumped against Shachi with a soft groan as the familiar sound of rushing fluid pounded through her head. How bad was the hemorrhage? Did she misjudge it?

                “EH?!” Shachi panicked as the fairy like girl fell limp in his arms, “Hime-chan?!” He cried in a panic as Felicity felt herself falling into darkness.