)( Chapter Fourteen )(

Felicity woke in a panic to the sounds of frantic shouting, gunfire and canon blasts. Scrambling, she scurried out of bed and ran for the door without thinking. The crew could be hurt. The ship rocked unsteadily nearly sending her crashing to the floor, but she somehow managed to stay surefooted. Her bare feet slapped against the cold metal floor as she raced through the steel underwater deathtrap searching desperately for a familiar face.

                “Captain!” She called out worried hoping she’d stumble upon someone soon, praying everyone was alright.

                The sound of a pistol being cocked clicked behind her causing the hair on the back of her neck to stand on end. Slowly she turned her head in the direction the sound had come and felt the panic begin to settle in as she spotted an unfamiliar man with a loaded gun pointed directly at her.

                “Eh? What’s this?” The man’s scratchy voice chuckled as he looked closer at her current appearance.

                Still wearing a simple white nightgown that fell to her knees and nothing more the man could clearly see she was unarmed and completely harmless. Felicity took a faltering step backward. What was going on?

                “You’re a pretty little thing. I think I’ll take you along to entertain my crew.” The vile man guffawed.

                “Captain?!” Felicity cried helplessly as she turned to run.

                A pale blue dome of light appeared around her bubbling up from the floor beneath her feet as the man fired his pistol in an attempt to stop her. She closed her eyes as she heard the gun fire and braced herself for the impact.

                Nothing happened.

                “What are you doing, Miss Princess?” The captain’s suave voice startled her.

                Felicity opened her sea prism stone blue eyes and nearly jumped as she found herself face to face with the breathtaking captain of the Heart Pirates. “Captain?!” She gasped.

                “You were calling for me rather obnoxiously.” He sighed in disdain.

                “What’s going on?” Felicity asked fearfully, her body beginning to shiver. It had been warm in the underwater ship when she’d fallen asleep, but now it felt close to subzero temperatures. “Why is it so cold?”

                “We got knocked off course.” The always calm captain shrugged nonchalantly, “and it would appear we are under attack.” A small smirk wormed its way to his lips, “Good thing too, we were running low on supplies.”

                “Eh? How do we gain supplies when we’re being attacked?” Felicity asked clearly confused by his wicked schemes.

                Law looked down to the shivering girl and sighed, “Why didn’t you dress warmer?”

                Felicity felt her cheeks grow hot at this, “I really didn’t have time to be choosy about my attire I woke up to the sound of gunfire and thought something bad had happened to yo- the crew.” Her entire face felt as if it were burning as she realized what she had blurted.

                “For someone who can’t even protect themselves it’s trivial to waste time worrying about other people.” Law scolded her. “You should at least learn a way to protect yourself.”

                Felicity bowed her head in shame; she was causing more trouble for everyone. Because of her inability to take care of herself, she held everyone else back and put them in far greater danger. “W-will you teach me?” Her voice was whisper soft and broken.