)( Chapter Nine )(

Nearly the entire crew offered to show the beautiful princess to her sleeping quarters and ended up battling for her in a daring tournament of rock paper scissors. Bepo won, somehow, and led the now somewhat hollow shell of a girl down a dimly lit hall.

                “Try not to be mad hime-chan. He really is a good captain-.”

                “I’m not mad, Bepo.” Her angelic voice was whisper soft, “My heart hurts for him.” She noted. How hard must his life have been to make him so cold?

                “What are you doing, Bepo?”  His sinful black velvet voice sent a delightful shiver down her spine.

                The white bear turned to the cold captain of the Heart Pirates curiously, “Showing hime-chan to her room.”

                “I thought I already expressed that Miss Princess is our prisoner.” Law noted with a sly smile.

                “Eh?” Bepo stared at his captain in awe.

                “She can stay in the brig.” Law smirked.

                Felicity felt her heart pounding in her chest as it suddenly began to race. She’d spent so much time in captivity and now the thought of it terrified her. “I have nowhere to run.” She said shakily.

                “I can’t be too sure you won’t try anything.” Law noted as he took a step forward and caught her upper arm in his hand and pulled her away from his startled first mate.

                “Captain?!” Bepo called after the pair of them.

                “Why are you doing this?” Felicity cried as the devilishly handsome pirate captain tightened his grip on her arm and forcefully dragged her along behind him.             

                Refusing to answer, he continued pulling her along. He hated himself for what he was putting her through, but he needed her to hate him even more. In all of his calculations, he’d never believed there would be anyone who could capture his heart, but after being with her, he knew he was very much in danger.

                They wound deeper down in the dimly lit submarine and after a few turns and descents Felicity was hopelessly lost. Law stopped suddenly causing her to stumble into him with a gasp. Roughly, he shoved her forward and mentally scolded himself as she fell to the cold steel floor. Her knee collided painfully into the steel framework and she let out a soft gasp of pain.

                “I’m sorry.” The beautiful girl choked.

                “What did you say?” Law asked stunned as the barred door latched into place.

                “I’m sorry for whatever I did to make you hate me so much.” She whispered.

                Law glared at the fairly like girl. Why wasn’t she getting angry? He wanted her to hate him. What did he have to do to make her hate him? “Don’t flatter yourself girl. I don’t hate you, nor do I even remotely like you. You would have to mean something to me for me to hate you. You’re nothing to me.”

                Felicity turned her tear filled sea prism aquamarine eyes in his direction, “What happened to you?” She asked softly.

                His steel grey eyes narrowed, “What?”

                “You must have had a rough life.” She continued.

                “Room.” Law hissed and Felicity jumped as the light blue dome of light surrounded them. “Shambles.”

                A gasp escaped her as the devilishly handsome captain appeared before her. She cringed as he knelt before her expecting him to lash out and hit her. When nothing happened she hesitantly opened her eyes. Law was leaning, sexily, against the bars of her cell having moved away from her when she’d recoiled from him.

                “I especially don’t want any pity from someone like you.” He said coolly.

                A single tear slipped down her perfect porcelain cheek. “I hope you can obtain the peace and happiness you desire, at the cost of my freedom.”

                Law watched her curiously, what did she mean by that? If he used her for leverage she’d be back with her loving uncle, back to a life of riches and looking down on people. He glared at the girl, she was acting selfless, trying to make him feel bad for locking her up, it wasn’t going to work.

                “Captain?” Shachi’s voice rang from above, “We’re ready to depart. Where are you?!” He poked his head through the hatch in the ceiling and threw the imprisoned duo a strange look. “Am I interrupting?” He asked with flushed cheeks at the thought of what perverse activities the pair were up to.

                Law vanished from the cell using his technique and turned to the girl with a smirk, “Fear not, Miss Princess, I’m sure you’ll be back to your life of luxury soon enough.”

                Felicity bit her lip to keep from saying anything more. Even imprisoned in this submarine she had more freedom than she did in the palace. She gripped the vial around her neck subconsciously. When they planned to return her to her uncle, she’d have absolutely no control over anything in her life. Another tear slid down her cheek as she thought of the poisonous leaves in the vial around her neck. She did have control. It was her life and no one else’s; she could choose when it ended.

                Law offered her a mock bow, “I hope these accommodations are to your liking.”

                “Yes, thank you.” Felicity replied softly.

                “Eh? Captain, why is hime-chan in there?” Shachi asked worried as Law turned to leave.

                “She’s our prisoner.” Law replied coldly as he made his way up the hatch, “I expect everyone to treat her as such.”

                Shachi threw a remorseful look in the fairy like girl’s direction, “Sorry, hime-chan.” He sighed.

                “It’s alright, Shachi.” Felicity responded softly and offered him a gentle smile, “I won’t be cross with you for following your captain’s orders.”

                Shachi bit his lip to keep from voicing that he thought his captain was being a stubborn git at the moment, “I’ll try to bring you something to eat later, hime-chan-.”

                “Don’t worry. It’s not my first time being a prisoner.” Her smile was warm and inviting and instantly made his heart hurt.

                He gave her an awkward half nod half bow from his position hanging upside down through the hatch and disappeared.

                Once alone, Felicity slowly pulled up the skirt of her dress to reveal a mess of blood spilling from her knee where it had collided into the steel frame. She bit her lip to keep from crying out as she delicately moved the cartilage back in place with her fingers. After she was sure the alignment was alright she tore a few strips of fabric from her skirt and quickly tied the clean white fabric tightly around her knee. Carefully she wiped off her bloody hands on the underside of her skirts glad there were two layers so it wouldn’t be noticed by any onlookers. If she died from her injury it would still be better than returning to that hell and wouldn’t terrify her as much as poisoning herself.

[Their relationship is going to be a slow progressing one, sorry haha, but don't worry he'll stop being mean in the next couple of chapters so don't be mad at him!!! <3]