The Punishment

Warning! Manxman scenes coming up in this chapter! You have been warned, reader discretion is advised. Enjoy lovelies

(James POV)

"I come from a well off family who's pretty much considered royal but my father and his siblings learned a long time ago that cruelty and lust for power makes for a horrible way to live. So my father, head of the Dark Crest Moon clan located in Russia (the second largest in the world with 1,863 vampires) will hear both sides of a story. He can be cruel and strict depending on the crime; never afraid to give severe sentences. However, he is also understanding and kind once you get to know him. My father's name is Markovnik who is 1497 years old and the coolest old man you'd ever meet. My mother's name is Francine, however she died in a rogue vampire fight when I was a baby. I have two older brothers, Antone who is 437 and Vlad who is 262. When you're a vampire and you have immortality, well it doesn't really matter if you have brothers who are several hundred years older than you.

After my mother died, my brothers and I were determined to make sure my father's heart didn't turn cold after mother's death. So we've been a close-knit family who definitely roughhouse, but care about each other more than anything. I have a  crazy and fun aunt, who is my dad's sister, Mary, who helps a lot too. Antone is the leader of the guards, and Vlad is apart of the council who sees to crimes committed by rouge vampires or vampires in general.

Me on the other hand, when I was still living with my family, I hadn't decided on what I wanted to do with my life. A vampire may ask the head of their clan if they can leave to search for their beloved, or mate, if the head of their clan believe they can contain their blood lust around humans. Otherwise the vampire will find something to do for their clan. I'm lucky to be in a clan where people don't decide for you, what you are going to be doing for the rest of your life, so that was a plus!

I guess you guys are wondering why I left huh?" James said quietly making Nick and Eric nod their heads while Riley gently caressed James' cheek before kissing it softly.

"Well 20 years earlier..."

Geez, why did Papa have to bring me to a boring meeting for? I practically fall asleep in those things! I was asked by my father to join a meeting with the head leaders of other clans. They do this every 100 years to make sure that peace and order is still being maintained. Now, there is one man who I despise with my entire being more than anything. Michael Underwood. I have a gut feeling that he is nothing but evil with a black soul, but my father said clan members choose clan leaders, so he must have done something courageous or good to be a leader. I doubt thats the actual case though. 

Anyway, I guess I might have said something disrespectful about how three of the clan leaders ran their clans. Two of those leaders were friends with Underwood (no surprise there). My father slammed his fist on the table angrily glaring at me since it is rude to speak out of turn and without knowing the full details of someone's situation. What is with old people and out of date rules? Seriously, they're like 3000-year-old rules. Of course I was terrified when my father said that to me considering most people get sent to the dungeons for saying such things to any leaders. The dungeons are dark, stink of urine and blood, and where most get tortured or die.

"I'll speak with you later James about your punishment. You may go," Is what my father said to me. I could see the sadness in his eyes that he didn't like to ever even raise his voice to me, but he couldn't look weak in front of the other clan members. I understood that, but I was terrified anyway. What is the point of having a meeting without throwing your opinion in right? I mean just allowing rogues into the clan without doing a full background check on them seems pretty dumb to me, especially if it gets clan members killed, but what do I know right?