Our Pasts

(Riley's POV)

I could feel someone's large cold hand carding their way through my hair. I could smell eggs, toast, and bacon. I was comfortable, really comfortable. I groggily opened my eyes to see a coffee table, an inflatable mattress, and a plate of food.

"Riley," was spoken by a low sultry hot voice before I snapped up to a sitting position realizing it was James. I gave a light gasp before seeing James' eyes dart to something behind me before looking back at me (he was silently asking Eric and Nick to leave the room for a second).

"Are you feeling okay Riley, are you hungry?" James asked me softly, taking both of my hands in his. I could feel my heart constrict slightly. I had no idea where we stood in our relationship and I was scared. I slowly slipped my hands out of his, making him frown before I looked away from him, putting my face in my hands. I really didn't want him to see me cry anymore incase I started sobbing at my frustration.

"Oh kitten," James whispered, kneeling in front of me I assumed since I felt his hands encase mine before feeling his hair against my forehead.

"Please forgive me. I just assumed the worst when I saw you hugging Mr. Stormwell," James said guiltily.

"Y-You don't tr-trust me," The words getting stuck in my throat, not wanting to think about it.

"No! I do. More than anyone. I'm... insecure because I thought you could never love me. So when I thought you were with Mr. Stormwell I just," James took in shaky breath, "I knew it was too good to be true to have someone like you in my life."

James slowly pulled my hands away from my face which was probably turning red.

"Someone who is beautiful and kind. Smart and has that fire in them. Someone who is perfect and gorgeous inside and out. Then there's me. Someone who never deserved you in the first place, so it was easy for me to think that you would be happier with someone else because I've been so afraid that I wouldn't be able to give you the things you need to be happy."

James looked away from me then, his shoulders sagging and his head downcast.

"You big dummy," My voice was wobbly coming out but I placed both of my hands on his cheeks, lifting his face up.

"I love you," I said with fierceness and assuredness. Doubtless of my choice.

I kissed him softly, surprising him for a moment, before he just as gently kissed me back. The passion of the kiss grew to where I was flat on the couch with him hovering over me, kissing me like there was no tomorrow. I could feel the muscles in his back contracting and relaxing at my touch and good lord his abs were rock hard under my hand making me so giddy. I could feel his cold hands running over my body slowly, as if savoring the feel.

We broke apart from the kiss slowly, a string of saliva connecting us for a second while our breaths mingled from the small space between us. I could feel my lips swelling and my cheeks warm up with an inevitable blush.

James looked at me with a spark in his eyes that made my heart skip a beat before I brought him down for a hug.

"I need you, and only you to make me happy James. And how could you ever be insecure? You're like the most perfect, gorgeous human being I've ever laid eyes on," I gently stroked his cheek seeing something like uncertainty in his eyes for a second, which kind of confused me.

"I love you my lion," I whispered again before seeing the spark take over his eyes again, covering the uncertainty.

"I love you too kitten," James smiled softly, kissing me slowly again. I could feel how his body pressed into mine making me groan. Of course this made James growl making me giggle into the kiss.