The Ball Continues

James and Riley

Riley's Pov

All these girls keep looking at me! Some of them with surprise but most of them with hatred I sighed again since James and I were dancing on the dance floor.

From what Nick and I could figure out, they mostly wanted to be with James because of his status. Which is awful and leech like.

"Baby, you okay?" James asked worriedly. It was one of the main questions he keeps asking me and I have to say 'yes' because I know he loves playing the "game," but I'd rather not be dragged into it by deranged females Hell bent on murdering me and then banging my boyfriend.

"Fine," I whispered, resting my head onto his shoulder, hearing him humming a calming melody in my ear.

"Well, it seems like he's the new toy... or something."

I glanced across the floor, seeing a pretty woman with long brunet hair and looked like a runner. Her blonde, almost twin, giggling next to her. They were both wearing mini dresses even though it was supposed to be an elegant ball.

"I'd say fuck toy. I'm sure he saw pity. One of those guys who hated himself and James saw something to clean up."

I glared angrily at them.

"Something weak, abused, and probably more than willing to spread his legs for someone to give him any kind of attention."

I knew my hormones were already making me want to cry since I could feel my eyes brimming with tears.

They both scoffed at me, shuffling and pushing their boobs up.

Well these bitches are obviously as stupid as they are fake

I felt my fingers twitch with my power, hatred bubbling along with my self pity. James suddenly snapped his head in the direction of the two women, baring his fangs, eyes turning red.

"I will not have narrow minded callous bitches who only seek their own interests and to hurt my mate stand there like strippers in a 50 cent bar. I suggest you either keep your mouths shut or leave the ball, since you're good with little else besides spreading your legs from what I hear," James growled making some of the women eavesdropping hurry away or giggle at the two girls who greatly deserved to be threatened.

I wouldn't have exactly called them callous... more like desperate, hate filled succubi

The two women hurried away, the blonde with tears in her eyes and the brunet with hatred and the promise of pain should our paths ever cross again.

"I'm sorry they were saying such things. They're idiots who are only good at trying to get people under their shoes. You alright baby?" James rubbed my arms as I saw several guests look away from us and the scene that they were probably expecting to happen.

"James you've already asked me that question several times tonight," I shook my head (partially in annoyance and to just get out of the spotlight), before walking away from James and towards the balcony. The air was frigid, but felt nice since I could almost feel a hot flash coming on.

I can't believe they almost made me cry. I would have been so happy to just let them get shocked in agony with my power I growled mentally, before sighing again. I could feel James eyes on me, the attractive man probably glowing in the moonlight, leaning against the door frame like a sculpture.

"T-The things they said... hurt. It made me remember the past and I'm still scared of how things were. Of things that might happen. Of how many of those women out there were staring at me in hatred," I said, rubbing my arms, James taking a slow step towards my back.