Volatile Greed

Eric gasped out a breath, the vision fading, seeing the inside of the jet again. He was surrounded by James, Antone and Vlad who were worriedly by him, Mark right behind him as if to hold him or catch him if he fell.

"J-James!" Eric breathed, leaning against Mark, feeling his knees had gone weak.

"Call Riley, now," Eric said, "Vlad call Nick!"

Both men didn't even question anything, doing as he asked. Mark had moved Eric to sit on the couch, holding Eric against him. His hand was possessively on Eric's hip, the two flush against each other.

"Eric-" Mark began.

"Mark, can this jet go anywhere?" Eric asked, Mark looking confused.

"Anywhere we ask. I own it," Mark said.

"Nick's not picking up," Vlad said, his eyes shining with worry but he wasn't going to freak out yet since Eric hadn't told him anything.

"I have Riley on the phone," James said, Eric stretching out his hand for the phone.

Shit, shit, shit, Eric chanted in his head. Nick must have already been taken.

"Mark, I need this jet to go to the palace where the Solstice ball was held," Eric said. Mark looked up in surprise, hurrying to the nose of the jet to tell the pilots. Eric could feel the plane banking, heading in the specified direction. Antone was sitting next to Eric, holding his hand.

"Riley," Eric said hurriedly, Mark suddenly sitting on his other side; back in a flash.

"I need you and my grand baby to get to Alex or Tomas or Zayden. Soldiers, anyone," Eric said. Riley frowned, feeling his heart pick up speed.

"Okay, let me grab some food for Andrei and I'll go," Riley said.

"No!" Eric shouted, everyone jumping, "don't head to the kitchen at all Riley. Go some other way, hurry," Eric said. Riley grimaced, picking up Andrei and the go-bag he had, half way to the kitchen anyway. Riley cradled the baby in his arms, protectively putting his hand behind his baby's head, running fast to the barracks.

"I'm almost there," Riley said, voice shaking. A fuchsia barrier was around him and Andrei. Andrei was absolutely quiet, feeling the tension from his daddy, clutching onto Riley's shirt hard.

"Riley? What's wrong?" Alex asked, Eric able to hear him through the phone (along with everyone else).

"Alex," Eric said, Alex grabbing the phone from Riley who was rubbing Andrei's back; the baby quietly whimpering. Big tear drops were about to fall.

"Alex, I need you to go with Riley," Eric suddenly remembering a vision he had, seeing Alex on the ground, "you need to get soldier's around you both. Do you understand?"

Alex was silent on the phone, Antone stiff as a board next to his brother.

"I understand, we're going to head to the bunker. I'll get a team around us. What's going on?" Alex asked worriedly, running into Tomas.

"No time, please do this," Eric pleaded, not needing to since he absolutely freaked out Alex and Riley already. Eric quickly hung up, the pilots saying that they would be arriving at the palace in a few minutes.

"Dad, what-?" James asked worriedly, his eyes turning red. His mate and son were being threatened by something; that much was obvious.

Eric stood shakily, grabbing Vlad's arms who was looking at his phone with a terrified expression; Nick not having answered.

"Vlad, look at me. I need to tell you what I saw so that you're prepared," Eric said. Vlad steeled his resolve, straightening his back. His heart not ready for anything happening to his mate. Not again.