Altering Years

Chapter Five - Lets Party In A Haunted Mansion (Part Two) **NOT EDITED**

Mood: Owl City - Vanilla Twilight <3

~Mai~

"Naru!" I scream, watching him fall into the water, a moment too late to grab him. "No." I whisper, shouting heard behind me.

"Mai! What happened?" Monk screams, Mr. and Mrs. Nanami's voices, along with Ayako's, Masako's, John's, and everyone else's heard as well.

I don't answer them but kick my heels off. "He's not coming up." I screech to myself, taking a deep breath and jumping into the cold water, my dream washing back to me.

I feel myself start to sink when I hit the water. I immediately open my eyes as the cold water numbs my skin, my dress suffocating my body. I ignore the tightness and look around in the water to find Naru, my hair covering my face every so often. Please, be okay. I continue to thrash around in the water, screams heard from above the surface.

I ignore them and look down to find Naru trying to get away from something that's pulling him down farther. Naru! I shout mentally, swimming down towards him, grabbing his hand tightly, making him look up at me, his eyes wide at the realization that I went after him. Naru lets out a scream under water, loosing his breath when something happens to him.

Not having time to look around to see what happened, I swim farther down and grab his arm, pulling him away from the angry spirit, kicking my way upwards, trying to reach the surface. Naru and I grip onto each other for dear life as the spirit comes after us. We're almost half-way there when Naru's ankle is grabbed and he's pulled back again. Before he can get to far down once more, I grab his hand and pull him up, the spirit yanking on Naru's leg as I yank on his arm once getting it in my grasp, blood tinting the water.

I ignore my curiosity and continue pulling. I look up and see the surface getting closer, the pulling on Naru suddenly becoming easier. I look down and find the spirit gone. I stop swimming and grab him again, lugging us up, our heads breaking the surface, everyone's screaming becoming louder as Naru and I gasp for air. As Naru catches his breath, I ease us over to the edge of the dock, Monk and Lin getting ready to grab me first.

"Ignore me! Get Naru up there now! He's bleeding somewhere." I breath out, helping them get Naru up as he stares at me, surprise in his eyes. I feel myself bobbing in the water as they finally get him up. I go to climb out when I feel something grab my ankle.

I stop moving entirely, terrified. "Get out of there!" Naru screams at me, a moment to late as I'm pulled back into the water, a screech leaving my mouth as it happens.

I turn around in the water to find the spirit looking me in the eyes, hatred seeming to be on its mind. I calm my nerves as it makes its way closer to me. As it approaches, I start to the signals of all the warding magic Monk and Ayako have taught me, mentally screaming the words. Surprisingly, I watch the spirit scream out in pain as it backs away from me, slowly dissipating.

Before the spirit's gone completely, I turn around and bolt upwards, my hands grabbing onto the edge of the decking, pulling myself up quickly and onto the wood, right besides Naru, everyone screaming in cheers to see me okay.

I start coughing, taking in large gulps of air as everyone surrounds around us. "Give them space!" Lin shouts over everyone, making the crowd hush, everyone's attention on Naru and I. I look over at Naru to find him still staring at me as I gulp air, Naru still trying to catch his own breath.

I crawl closer to Naru, stopping right besides him, looking him over, trying to find where he's bleeding, his suit ruined from both blood and water; my dress the exact same. I notice the darker area on his shirt, immediately going for the buttons, undoing them, ignoring his stare on my hands. Once his shirts open, I look to his side and find a large cut.