Altering Years

Chapter Eight - Clown Posse (Part One) **NOT EDITED**

Mood: Paper Aeroplanes - Safe Hands <3

~Mai~

Kazuya Shibuya,

The beast lives, out of the raging storm in the dead of night. The ravenous blood-sick creature searches for its sacrifice. Through the hideous darkness, it lurches, driven by death itself. Only the satisfaction of slaughter will cause it to return, to the darkness from which it came.

I beg of you to meet me at the place written on the back of this letter. I need to speak with you and your team about the terrible things that are going on in this place. There are lost souls. Many of which are children. Please come as soon as you can. If you need to contact me, my name and number are on the back of the paper.

- Juro Isamo

I look up at Naru who is sitting still, drinking some of the tea I've just made him, watching me read over the letter. "Are we going?" I ask, my voice trembling.

"Yes. It's up to you however if you want to come. I've already done some research on Mr. Isamo and it turns out he's the old owner of the circus that would come to Japan. He has a station out in the woods where he would practice with the members that is now reportedly haunted. Upon my research, I've also found that children will be led away from the camping grounds that are only a small distance away. Masako won't be joining us on this case, neither will Yasu or Madoka. As for where we'll be staying, we'll be staying at the camping grounds, all of us in one large tent." Naru explains, writing something down on a notebook.

"Okay, I'll go." Naru immediately stops his writing upon hearing my agreement to go, his breathing still. "Is there a problem with that?" I whisper, worried about his frozen state.

"I was just hoping you'd stay home for this one." Naru mumbles, sighing at the end of his statement, making me look at him offended.

"Am I that big of a problem?" I hiss, crossing my arms and glaring at him.

"No, it's just that it's a very dangerous case, Mai." Naru sighs, looking me in the eyes.

I keep glaring at him before standing up and heading out of his office, Lin still not here along with everyone else. "Thanks for being a jerk."

"Sorry for caring about your well-being." Naru retaliates, walking out of his office and staring me down.

I feel my body tense at that, finding it sweet yet rude. "You don't have to worry about my well-being," I growl, storming into the kitchen, grabbing a bottle of water.

"Really? If I don't, who will?"

"I will. I'm not a child, Naru. I'm eighteen." I shout, walking out of the kitchen and over towards him.

"That's funny, you sure don't act like it sometimes."

"Well, at least, I know how to have fun." I spit, hearing the door open with four pairs of footsteps able to be heard.

"At least, I'm mature." Naru's voice goes back to being bland.

"At least, I show emotion." I bite back, getting, even more, angry by the second since he's not showing any anger.

"I'm not a constant accident waiting to happen." I feel my body freeze entirely, a few gasps heard from around the room, my own gasp coming out as well, my eyes watering.

I turn my head and look towards the ground where I dropped my bag, all my emotions running wild. I quickly grab my bag and head towards the door. "I'm not joining this case. Be safe everyone. And Naru, you're going to catch a cold from the ice inside your soul." I barely make out before opening the door and shutting it quietly, walking down the hall little ways before taking off in a sprint.