Altering Years

Chapter Eighteen - Dirty Dancers (Part One) **NOT EDITED**

Mood - My Darkest Days - Porn Star Dancing ;)

~Naru~

I look at all of my friends' that surround me right now, waiting for the details on the new case, everyone looking ready to roll. First, there's Ayako Matsuzaki. A now, twenty-five-year-old self-styled Shrine Maiden, outspoken, confident and proud of her abilities.

Next, there's Hosho Takigawa. A now, twenty-seven-year-old Buddhist Monk, left his high lead position, grown out hair, and ear piercings. After Mr. Takigawa, there's Masako Hara. An eighteen-year-old spirit medium who used to be interested in me, quite obviously, but is now interested into John Brown.

Next, there's John Brown. A twenty-one-year-old Caucasian Catholic Priest, who's a good-natured and helpful young man. John also is interested in Miss Hara. Lastly, there's Mai. Mai Taniyama. Mai Taniyama, a now nineteen-year-old assistant of mine that has a loud mouth, open attitude, and yet has the capability to make me smile. One of the most stubborn yet considerate people I know, and perhaps the only girl that I've fallen for.

"Naru?" Mai's voice breaks through, causing me to stare at her for a moment.

"What is it, Mai?"

"Are you going to explain the new case?" she laughs momentarily.

"We're going to Erotica in a few hours for the case. As you all are aware, Erotica is a currently running exotic dancing building. We are going in during working hours for the best paranormal experiences. The owner, Shun Makoto, has emailed me saying that the dancers are generally safe and aren't the main subjects of the paranormal. Visitors and active members, however, have a great difficulty staying in the building for more than an hour. Due to this, Mr. Makoto has hired SPR to come in and find the root of the problem. Whether or not you want to go is up to you to decide." I explain, sipping on some tea.

After a few moments of silence, no one objects. "Great, we're leaving in ten minutes. Make sure what you need is ready along with all of the equipment you'll need for your parts in the case. Mai, more tea." I order, everyone running about except for Mai, who carefully takes the cup out of my hands, our hands skimming.

I ignore the feeling in my stomach that arrives as our hand's touch, but instead, watch as she walks into the little kitchen area to make the tea. I take in her appearance for today, noticing something a little suspicious.

From her black pants and white sandals to her white silk shirt and black tank top, I notice something on her neck, something that shouldn't be there. I stand up and head over to her, upon closer notice without Mai noticing, I deduct that it's a hickey.

I squint my eyes for a second, analyzing it. "Mai?" I breathe out, her body tensing at how close my voice it to her ear.

"Yes? What is it, Naru?" Mai quietly asks, pouring a cup of tea slowly. I move the hair away from her neck with my hand carefully, my hand skimming her neck.

"Who gave you this hickey?"

"Uhm, no one, that's a bruise I got from the last case." Mai tries to lie, causing me to stare at her with a dangerous aura.

"The last case we were at was two weeks ago. It still wouldn't be here." I block, watching her body go loose as she sets the teacup down.

"Fine, it was Sayaka. He came on to me last night outside of the little restaurant I took you to that one time when I had that party at my house. He didn't get any farther than the hickey because I wouldn't let him. I kneed him in his "areas" and then ran." Mai explains slowly, her voice quiet and shaky as if to recall the memory.