Altering Years

Chapter Twenty-Four - Mansion Of Evil (Part Two) **NOT EDITED**

Mood - Carly Rae Jepsen - This Kiss <3

~Mai~

Walking into the mansion was an experience, my collarbone was in tremendous pain from the scratch and my thoughts were corrupted with the shadow figures I saw earlier. I also could feel Mico's judgmental gaze on me the whole time. Ignoring everyone, I sneak off towards the grand stairs in the main hall, placing a hand on the wide and amazing railing, preparing to walk up there when I'm suddenly stopped by someone putting a hand on my lower back.

Turning my head, I look back at Naru and give him a small smile, flinching as I move a little, my shirt brushing the scratch. "What did you see earlier, Mai?" Naru tries persuading.

"It's going to sound weird, but you're Naru." I pause and slip down the stair railing, sitting on the step, Naru joining me, neither of us aware of the single pair of eyes watching us across the room.

"Go on,"

"Well, when Mr. Yozo was briefing you on Azuma, I felt a really strong chill and had an urge to look up into one of the windows on the fifth floor. When I did, I saw a feminine figure, all black, a shadow really. You know when you blow on glass with hot breath, it fogs up? It seemed like that's what the figure did and then wrote help into it. Eventually, that figure disappeared and was replaced by more of a masculine one. We were having a stare down when all of a sudden I was scratched," I grumble uneasily, feeling another chill run down my spine.

Quickly, I turn around and look up the stairs, my eyes darting back and forth, Naru turning around with me, confused by what I'm feeling. "Well, Mr. Takigawa was right to say you are a magnet for paranormal activity. Because of this, I want you to be with either Lin, myself, or Mr. Takigawa," Naru orders while standing with me.

"Okay, that's fine," I follow him back into the room we're using as a base, noticing everyone is here, including Yasu.

"Yasu!" I cheer happily while throwing my arms around him.

"Hey, Mai! We should meet up for some breakfast. I want you to meet my girlfriend soon," Yasu laughs loudly while grabbing my shoulders and shaking me.

"Of course, Yasu. Let's talk about this later, okay?" I nervously laugh, feeling a glare on my back from Mico.

"Alright, now, what's going on here?"

After an hour of Naru explaining to everyone the room arrangement, a thought pops into my head. "Shouldn't we talk to this Azuma Rui? Since she is the one that's having those dreams?"

Naru looks in my direction before nodding once, finishing his cup of tea. Before I can get up to make him another, Mico surprisingly grabs it and goes to prepare one. I sit back and smirk, watching him make it, knowing he's making it wrong. Giving the cup to Naru, Naru sips the drink and scrunches his nose in disgust.

"Father, please leave the tea making to Mai. I understand that you're trying to prove your point from earlier, but you're failing miserably," Naru sighs while handing me the cup.

Smiling at him, I grab it gingerly and pour it out, rinsing, and remaking the cup, Mico watching me suspiciously as I prepare it gracefully. Turning around, I easily walk towards Naru and hand him the cup of tea.

"So, you use her to make your tea? That'd make sense considering she isn't really useful for much else," Mico calmly states, loud enough for everyone in the room to hear.

I feel my eye twitch. I look down at Naru, mentally asking him if I can snap. Sensing my mood, Naru just nods. I smile and turn at Mico with a bright smile, mouth through clenched teeth, "Well at least I'm doing something instead of leaning against the wall and taking up valuable space!"